One minute good next minute not sure | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

One minute good next minute not sure One minute good next minute not sure

Unread 11-05-2001, 09:29 AM
One minute good next minute not sure

Hello Ladies,

Thanks for all the prayers and support. It was good to come home and my husband pull up the site to see all the well wishers and prayers that were sent.

Today is day 10 and I can't sleep well at night just can't get comfortable. I fell better when I'm on the sofa in my bedroom sitting half up. Last night i tried to sleep in the bed but only sleep a few hours and then woke up, but I refused to go to the sofa fell back to sleep after a couple of hours. I guess you can say I have mood swings, I'm very very emotional more than before I get hot and cold occasionally. Don't really have an erge to eat I guess because I have no idea what i want. My dh has been taking very good care of me and has not been getting a lot of rest especially this weekend dealing with me and then having to go to drill (he's in the military) Today I feel okay and asked him to take me out of the house to lunch and possibly a walk in the park are mall. I would like to say that GOD BLESS those who started this website and those of you you respond with your own personal experiences you go through I will forever be grateful. I would like to know if there are any sisters in NEw Orleans, LA I would like to chat with you and possibly met for continued support.

Love You All
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-05-2001, 09:52 AM

Hi There

Just a note of encouragement.... I am at week 4 today!! Feeling great and life is GOOD!! Those first 2 weeks can be uncomfortable, but time goes by pretty fast.

Drink lots of water and rest... you should be feeling better soon.

And come join usin the Chat Room. It is a lot of fun to chat with other hystersisters... we have a great time sharing and learning.

s

Traci
Unread 11-05-2001, 11:09 AM
Feeling the same as you....

Hi!

I had my surgery on the 26th of October and feeling pretty much like you. There are highs and lows. I sleep better during the day - I don't have much of an appetite (but that is good, cause I lost some weight and I don't want to gain in back).
Saturday morning woke up full of energy, had a great day, spent time with my DH and his son. Sunday morning woke up with no energy at all - feeling depressed, but last night felt better. I guess it's all part of the healing process. Maybe it's the hormones I started taking (progesterone), I don't know.
I noticed that I feel cold when I haven't been moving for awhile. As for the hot flashes, they're pretty much under control thanks to the progesterone (I guess). Today, same thing. This morning I felt, good. Got up, took a nice shower - even shaved my legs! After that, felt tired and gloomy. THANK GOD for this site. I'm so happy that it exists, I contributed money to it this am.

One day at a time, we'll get better I'm sure. The importance is to keep a positive attitude.

Have a wonderful day,

Twosix xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-05-2001, 12:03 PM
Thanks

Thanks you guys from responding. I also wanted to ask do you have a heavy feeling as if you have a bag of oranges or something in the bottom of your stomach its not all the time that I feel that way. My doctor has me taking premarian 0.625 mg.
Unread 11-05-2001, 02:07 PM

Hi again,

No feelings like you mentioned, but I do feel a tightness in my legs (probably from the lack of excercise) and sometimes feel like I have trouble digesting the progesterone pills (they say this should good away once my body gets used to them). No estrogen for me (at least for the next 6 months), just medroxprogesterone pills (10mg).

Take care,

TwoSix xxx
---------------------------
TAH-BSO 8cm endo cyst on left ovary
Unread 11-05-2001, 02:18 PM
better every week

I thought my husband described it well when he told a friend that I didn't get better every day but there was improvement every week.

It took me the full 8 weeks to feel most like normal. I still have less stamina than before. Swelly belly is virtually gone. My stomach used to feel tight and bloated.

Take care of yourself. Rest and don't overdo even when you get bored.
Unread 11-05-2001, 03:46 PM

Hi Ms. Webb,

About that heavy feeling at the bottom of your stomach...that sounds to me like the pressure that results from swelling. If you are anxious to be doing more when you're feeling good, you might be overdoing it and the result can be extra swelling. You had major surgery, and there are countless internal stitches inside you that have put you back together in new ways.

When you feel this way, try getting more rest OFF your feet. That should improve things. If it doesn't, call your Dr.

Also, remember that sitting is an "activity". Prolonged sitting puts lots of pressure on the healing abdomen, and can make swelling and discomfort worse. Make sure to break up those sitting spells with resting OFF your feet.

The initial recovery period for this surgery is 6-8 weeks. Take it easier and rest often with some walking in moderation. Mood swings? Very normal! It DOES get better!

My very best to you...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register