Scheduled TVH Surgery on the 16th!!! Scared | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery on the 16th!!! Scared Surgery on the 16th!!! Scared

Unread 11-09-2010, 07:21 PM
Surgery on the 16th!!! Scared

Hello ladies,

I had my pre-op with my Dr last week and yesterday at the hospital. I am starting to get very scared. I am scheduled for a totally laprascopic (sp?) hysterectomy. We are leaving my ovaries and taking the uterus and cervix. Dr says that surgery could take from 2 hours or more. He said that once he gets in there he will be able to make that determination. Anxious about the pain and not sure what to expect. Also I am reading all of this info about not using any stairs. I have to get up stairs to get to my condo. I guess I can have my husband carry me but will it be a big deal if I just take them to get in and then stay upstairs?

Sara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2010, 07:57 PM
Re: Surgery on the 16th!!! Scared

I'm scheduled for a TVH on Nov 15. One of my questions to my doc yesterday was about stair restrictions, since we live in a mobile home. He told me there wouldn't be any restriction about them.
Unread 11-09-2010, 08:13 PM

Sara, I'm having a total LAVH on the same day as you...11/16. I have pre-op scheduled for Friday. If I were you, I would call my doc and explain that you live upstairs and have him/her tell you what you should do. I was told with a previous surgery to avoid stairs. Well, my bedroom was upstairs so my doc told me to go upstairs and stay there, no going up/down. I was to have food brought to me, etc. For peace of mind, please call your doc tomorrow.
I understand your fears...I prayed, cried, cried, prayed, cried, prayed some more...and then had to give it to God. Sara, I pray that you find peace and comfort as the time nears.
Many (((hugs))) and blessings
Dear Lord, I thank You for Sara, and thank You for working in her life. Lord, right now I pray You touch her and Lord, wrap her in Your arms and give her the peace and comfort only You can. Please guide her heart and soul to trust in You to know that You are at her side, protecting her, comforting her and loving her even through the darkest valley. I pray this in Jesus' precious and holy name. Amen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2010, 08:28 PM

I had mine done on 10/27 and was nervous about the stairs too- but surprisingly they were no problem at all!

Before surgery I wasn't really nervous until I got into the surgery room. It helped as the Dr's and Nurses were very lighthearted and made me feel at ease. I also surrounded myself with white light as I lay on the table and took some deep calming breaths and I truly felt all the love, thoughts and prayers of my friends and family at that moment-put it out there to the universe and you'll be taken care of!
Unread 11-09-2010, 08:42 PM

i am also sceduled on 11/16 and had my pre-op today i asked about stairs cause he needs to watched while touching the laundry (lol) she said the stairs were fine in moderation (nut the laundry was a no-no
Unread 11-10-2010, 06:53 AM

Hey Sisters, thought I would visit the other side and try to give some encouraging words to any of you that might need it, and this is the post I stumbled on.
I can tell you that as far as stairs go, my DR. had me do them 1 stair at a time, putting both feet on a stair and so on. You don't use the stomach muscles as much . I can tell you that it made a difference for me.
BTW>>>> if any of you have a higher bed, get a foot stool. It was the best thing I did. I don't know how I would have gotten into bed otherwise!
Wishing you all the best of luck on your way to the castle!
Unread 11-10-2010, 07:13 AM

I just wanted to say my surgery is on 11/17 and I'm a nervous wreck! I am just crying, praying, worrying, then I carry on as normal for a bit and start all over again!

You'll be okay!
Unread 11-10-2010, 09:42 AM

My surgery is on the 16th as well. I am scheduled to have a TAH; I was not a candidate for less-invasive surgery . I had my pre-admit/registration on this past Monday. I am extremely nervous now. I have been trying to get everything organized on the homefront---clothes, supplies, etc. I am a single parent and I have a 10 yr. old daughter. I am not accustomed to being dependent on anyone, mainly because I have always had to do everything on my own, so this is a first. My mom is coming into town to stay with me for a week or so-- Yes only a week or so! My main bathroom and bedrooms are on the upper level of the townhouse. The doctor told me I would be ok going up the stair, but to stay up there for a while once in place. Do you all have any suggestions? I guess I am more concerned about the well-being of my daughter after my mom leaves. I have been hearing I will be in recuperation for at least 6 wks. She is very handy so it will not be hard for her to fix food etc. I am just concerned. Please keep me in your prayers.
Unread 11-10-2010, 01:43 PM

((hugs)) and prayers for everyone here. I'm having a SILS hyst (uterus & cervix) on the 18th, and have generally been very confident in my decision. That is, until I got the call from the hospital with my "estimate" for the hospital...not the surgeon or anesthesia. UGH. Even with insurance, we're looking at $2300 for just the hospital. OH JOY. Anyway....

I have been praying and giving the whole situation - the actual surgery, the recovery, caretakers, the bills....ALL OF IT - to God. I'm generally a big "I can do it myself" kinda gal, and so looking at having to rely on someone else for just about everything is really difficult. I am so blessed to have my mom and dad coming to help so that my DH doesn't have to do it all. Goodness knows that I've dealt with pain (migraines since 4yo, several broken bones, beginning signs of fibromyalgia, IBS) but I'm still a wreck over recovery. I guess it's just the unknown I'm crying over. But, we are so blessed to have this site to cry, laugh, and support each other! So, cry away, and I'll cry right along side of you. I look forward to the "other side" when we're laughing and celebrating our freedom!
Unread 11-10-2010, 03:51 PM

Wow, there are a lot of us gettin' it done next week! I'm scheduled for the afternoon of the 15th, and I'm nervous but I also can't wait! Hopefully I'll be able to check in next week and let y'all know that it was ok.

We're all going to be ok, sisters...believe it!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register