Estrogen levels high | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Posts from the Heart > Aching Hearts

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Estrogen levels high Estrogen levels high

Unread 11-05-2001, 06:56 PM
Estrogen levels high

I am 7 weeks post-op,my latest blood test show my estrogen levels are high.ie headaches,anxiety,nauseous.I am on paxil 10 mg.and Estratet full strength.However my Dr.doesn't want to change anything yet.I have been very weepy,sad and anxious.I cried for a couple of hours the other night and hubby is not handling my BREAKDOWN very well.Any advice will be appreaciated.Annie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-06-2001, 10:31 AM
Estrogen levels high

Dear Annie,

Hang in there. Maybe the Paxil hasn't had time to start working yet or it may need to be increased. I don't understand why your doc would leave you at the same dosage if your levels were high. Maybe you could call and ask him?

I totally understand the weeping. I've cried my share also and I may cry some more. I think it is important to allow yourself to cry and feel the emotions and then move on. Please don't be hard on yourself at this stressful time in your life. You need a truck load of patience and then some more. You will find your way out of this in time.

Keep in touch.
Unread 11-06-2001, 05:36 PM
{{{Annie}}}

I had a major 3 day meltdown during recovery. Some of it is just the major surgery and how the body heals. I have know folks that had other surgeries and went through the crying spells, too. Some of it with me was exhaustion, too. I had very bad insomnia and it didn`t help that I would get so overtired.

Paxil and any other med does take a few weeks to get into your system and start working in a cycle. It might take some time to start feeling the effects.

Kim gave you some good advice. Be gentle with yourself during this fragile time. You still have lots of healing to do.

{{{{{{{{{{{healing hugs}}}}}}}}}}

kaatie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-06-2001, 05:59 PM
Estrogen levels high

Hi Annie, I am so sorry you are feeling so bad right now. At this stage it is hard to tell what is caused by hormones and what is part of your recovery. Some of the things you are describing are symptoms of hormone imbalance but also may be from your surgery. Why don't you come over to the hormone jungle board with any questions you might have about your HRT. There are lots of women there who can help you sort through your hormone issues.

I was very weepy during my recovery too. So give yourself some time to heal. Sending you a big
Unread 11-06-2001, 06:59 PM
estrogen levels

Thank you sisters for all of your support.There is not a day that passes that I don't go to this site to seek reassurance,guidance,and commoridity.You all are AWESOME!!!!! annie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register