Can We Share Some Humor? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Can We Share Some Humor? Can We Share Some Humor?

Unread 11-24-2010, 05:12 PM
Re: Can We Share Some Humor?

I recall singing on the way into surgery. If I recall right, and it would be understandable if I'm a little vague on the exact wording, my little ditty went;
Heigh **, heigh **,
To remove my uterus I go,
I work all day,
So the doctor can play,
Heigh **, heigh **!

And then, for some reason, I broke into a chorus of my school's spirit song-I think somebody had asked me where I teach....

Then, thankfully, for myself and the operating room personell, I passed out.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-25-2010, 06:35 PM

After suffering from extreme periods since I was about 15 (now 49) I finally have a wonderful Dr that agreed it was time to let that ship sail- anyway a week before my surgery I started the mother of em' all periods... I told the girls at work that I was going say "Bon voyage *****" as I going into surgery and yup I did! I remember the nurses cracking up It felt good to do that and now only being a week post surgery ( total hysterectomy) I couldn't be happier that I had the surgery
Unread 11-26-2010, 01:02 PM

While I don't recall this, I'm told that I held my PCA button close to my chest, caressed it, and informed all who would listen that, "this is my maaagic button."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-27-2010, 11:14 PM

This one isn't hyst related but it's still funny. (well at least to me and the hubby.)
Last spring i got eye surgery that made it so I no longer needed contact to see past my own nose. (nope not lasik, it was actual a lens implant.)
Anyway part of the whole process is that they have to use a lazer to make little holes through the iris. When we went in for the intial consultation with the doc and learn about this my silly hubby asked "But do the lazers make the pew-pew noise?" The doc chuckled saying "no, no they don't." So of course when we get to the day that I'm having the lazer thing done, Hubby has to go and make the sound effects for the doc during the procedure.

I think I became one of his favorite patients because of my silly husband and his crazy humor. He made the doc laugh on many occassions
Unread 12-28-2010, 08:56 AM
Can We Share Some Humor?

When i first found out i had a large fibroid i decided he needed a name so i named him Fred and told my friends 'he is not paying rent & he needs to get the **** out!' i later had a mri & found out i had 3 more fibroids, at that point i stopped naming them but thought maybe they represented my x-husband & my 3 grown sons, i separated f/my x in 2008 & we divorced in 2009, needless 2 say none of them were happy with what was mainly my decision. Also when i decided 2 get a hysterectomy i just couldnt wrap my head around the word 'hysterectomy' so i did & still do say 'i had a uterectomy' or 'i had my baby holding unit removed'
Unread 01-02-2011, 04:26 PM

When I went to hospital for my pre op I had to go to the gynea outpatients clinic. I was told to go through and take a seat on the left as I would need my blood taken. I did as I was told and a nurse came, asked me if was waiting for a blood test and showed me into a room ready to take my blood. As she was preparing my arm she asked what date I had been given so naturally I told her 17th Nov (which was the date of my hysterectomy, in a weeks time). She looked immediately towards my tummy and with a puzzled look asked if I had just come from having a scan. As I began to explain how I had a scan a few weeks previous I heard someone shout my name outside the room. Another nurse came in and then it became apparent, the first nurse had assumed I was actually in early pregnancy having diagnostic blood tests and to add insult to injury she put it "I thought with you being a mature mum to be". You can imagine the laughs between the nurses, myself and others who I had told. The gynea clinic is also used as antenatal clinic aswell and although they dont run at the same time, they are always available for blood tests for either!
My hubby also has a wonderful humerous way of describing our sex life, as he puts it " JUST BECAUSE THE CRADLE HAS GONE, THE PLAYPEN IS STILL THERE!"

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register