Sisters w/ desk jobs...when did you go back to work? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sisters w/ desk jobs...when did you go back to work? Sisters w/ desk jobs...when did you go back to work?

Unread 11-15-2010, 07:55 AM
Sisters w/ desk jobs...when did you go back to work?

Just curious....Two weeks ago today I had TVH, rectocile and cystocile repair and bladder sling. Planning to try to go to work today at my low key desk job for only three hours. Will have tomorrow off, then try to work 3 hrs Wed and Thurs. Off Friday. Still having a lot of pain and wondering if this is going to work out.
I'm really curious when others returned to their desk jobs....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2010, 09:04 AM
Re: Sisters w/ desk jobs...when did you go back to work?

I have a desk job and went back to work after two weeks but only worked part time the first week back. Looking back now, I probably should have waited another week. It sounds like you have a good plan, though. Just take it easy and don't over do!
Unread 11-15-2010, 10:04 AM

Hi...I went back to work after being 4 weeks at home. Although at about 3 weeks I felt 'better' I still wasn't up to getting up early (I'm at work by 7AM) and I still was having bladder and bowel spasms and I was still bleeding a little. When I went back I thought I would work half days for the few first few days - but didn't need to- worked full days. Good luck and take it easy -- you may get more tired than you think you will...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2010, 10:09 AM

I have a very low key desk job and I am going back at 5 weeks, my first day back in Thanksgiving and get paid holiday, so them my real first day is a half day on Friday. Then back full time on the 29th. The only thing that makes me nervous is sitting that long. Still don't like sitting very long. I have wonderful bosses and they don't care if I need to take breaks in the break room, they have a couch in there. I also am a bit worried about getting tired. I still get really tired if I do too much. So we will see. I still have almost two weeks at home.

I hope everything went well on your first day back.

Unread 11-15-2010, 11:05 AM

I took 3 weeks off...today is my first day back. I thought I would go back last week, but my doctor advised differently. So far, I feel fine. I am sure it will catch up with me tonight. I also have to take my son to a doctor's appt this afternoon, so I am contemplating how much longer I am going to stay at work. I have a desk job at a bank, but it requires me to get up and walk around every hour or so to pick up teller work to run. I think the getting up and moving around will be better than sitting all day.

Good luck to all of us as we try to return to work!
Unread 11-15-2010, 12:53 PM

Hi...I have a desk job and I can't get up and move around too much either. Once I'm there taking calls, I'm there. So I am returning after 8 weeks. I was trying to get my dr to push it to 10 weeks. I am afraid of sitting long hours (I work 10+ hours a day on a 4 day work schedule) but we shall see how it works out.
Unread 11-15-2010, 02:51 PM

I have a desk job but I also work from home. I got my surgeon's blessing to start putting in a few hours at my home office at my 2-week post op. For me, I think getting back in the flow of things has sped my recovery because I am really NOT good at being bored -- I probably would have tried to do things that were potentially much more risky than working! But again, I work from home and own my own company, so not only did I not have to commute, I had the luxury of taking a few hours off when necessary and foisting my work off on my employees :-)
Unread 11-15-2010, 03:08 PM

Thanks for all the input everyone! I went to work and made it through my three hours just fine. My mom is still here and she drove me there and then came and picked me up. On the way home I got bad stomach cramps. Took some tums and a nap and now I feel better. So far, no regrets about going in to work today. It was WONDERFUL to have something else to focus on besides myself!
Unread 11-15-2010, 04:46 PM

I am excited....I stayed at work for about 5 hours, took my son to dr appt, made sandwiches for supper, packed snacks, and swept my floors. I am tired, but a good tired if that makes any sense. I haven't hurt as much today either, so maybe I am on the mend!
Unread 11-15-2010, 05:58 PM

Good news December 76. Hoping to be where you are in another week or two....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register