Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 22-Nov 28,2010 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 22-Nov 28,2010 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 22-Nov 28,2010

Unread 11-22-2010, 04:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 22-Nov 28,2010

If your hysterectomy was between Nov 22-Nov 28,2010 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns instead of including the question in your update! There is information on how to start a new thread in this link: New Here? or you can use this link: Post a New Topic in the Post-Op forum.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

We hope you are recovering well with plenty of rest and water and a bit of walking. Don't forget to pamper the princess!

How to use the Recovery Progress Reports thread:

• 1. This thread is for the purpose of sharing updates on your recovery as you heal from your hysterectomy.

• 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress and to share encouragement with your surgery week Sisters.

• 3. Remember to start a new thread on the Post-Op message board to ask your questions.

• 4. The Progress Report threads will be moved at approximately 8 weeks post-op to the Date Club forum inside the HysterSisters clubhouse.

• 5. Remember all the love and support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in the Pre-Op Hysterectomy Support forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of women helping women!

• 6. You can also share support and experiences with post-op members in all phases of recovery in the Post-Op Hysterectomy Support forum by replying on the new threads they create.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-22-2010, 08:52 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 22-Nov 28,2010

Now that you've made it to the post-op side you'll find that you'll have good days and a few not-so-good days. You can use this thread to share your recovery with others who had their surgery during the same week as yours. Over the next few weeks you'll get to know each other as you report on your recovery progress.

This recovery progress thread gives you a place to post updates on how you're doing as you begin your healing. I'll peek in every day or so to help you find the best place to post any questions you may have. I look forward to getting to know all of you as you go through the recovery process. If you have any questions I can help with, please give a "shout out" to me and I'll be happy to help.

For now, get plenty of rest, drink lots of fluids, and remember to pamper the Princess. You only get one chance to heal right, and this is it. Sending gentle your way.
Unread 11-23-2010, 07:35 PM

After years of pondering having a hysterectomy I finally did it yesterday. Toughest decision to make was to give up on any chance at ever getting pregnant and then carrying a baby. I have suffered for 20 years with horrible cramps, weight gain, 2 laproscopies, a laprotomy, a D&C. I had PCOS, Endometriosis, bladder issues, fibroids and a polyp 2 years ago. Yesterday was a rebirth for me of sorts, I was so worried that after the procedure the doc would look at me and say "Well, it wasn't as bad as we expected but I took everything out anyway." Quite the opposite happened according to my family. The doc spent 90 minutes longer than planned and basically told my husband that he did not understand how I had withstood the pain from the massive amount of scar tissue and freeing up my bladder and colon. As the saying goes a picture is worth a thousand words, my pictures from yesterday are worth my sanity. I didn't lose the chance to have a baby, We had tried for years but the doc said in my condition I would have never have been able to get pregnant. I will now hopefully gain a new way of life by not being inhibited with unpredictible cycles and the feeling of a cinder block sitting in my pelvis, I will no longer have false hopes when I don't start my period and thinking that I may be pregnant. I can't mourn the loss of what was never going to be but rejoice in the future. I am 37, have a wonderful family including a grandmother who insists on staying with my for the next several days, a supportive husband who has a new understanding of what I was feeling after he spoke to the doctor. A beautiful child that was gently handed to my by nothing other than the grace of God 11 years ago. I will now be able to be a better mother, wife, daughter and granddaughter. Today is day one, many more days of recovery left and I will continue to pray for God to take care of me and my family.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-24-2010, 05:19 AM

Congratulations on gaining that new perspective, digbyg! it sounds like you have made peace with this new chapter of your life, one that will be pain free and way more manageable. I couldn't imagine living with that much pain for so long.
I had only recently begun to have extremely heavy bleeding and painful cramping in the past year and the GYN discovered a 12cm calcified fibroid. I went in yesertady for a TVH, although my ovaries are still with me for now.
This morning, I feel pretty decent considering what I've been through, but I know I have some rough days ahead.
Prayers to you and all our other Sisters starting this part of their journey this week ...
Unread 11-24-2010, 05:41 AM

Well, it's over! I had the laparoscopic supracervical hyst yesterday morning. Had to be there at 7:30 am for a 9:30 am surgical time. It went really smoothly pre-op and I was rolled back around 9:45 am.

Recovery room was a different story... The recovery room nurse was terrible. I was so glad that my mom and Matt were there. I had told anesthesia that I shake uncontrollably after a procedure and they said they would have something prescribed for the nurse to give. The nurse just kept telling to "stop shaking", I told her I couldn't. So, she was convinced I was cold - I was sweating. She was trying to discharge me while I was in severe pain and vomiting. She told me to just "calm down". My mom was livid. I will be writing a letter to the hospital. When I did get discharged (only 45 minutes after I got in recovery), she put me in a wheel chair to go home and didn't come back for 20 minutes... I was dying and just wanted to lay down. She was like, "please be patient, I have other people to care for as well". I was bawling and my mom just hugged me and let me lay on her shoulder, since Matt had gone to get the car. I just couldn't believe it... Even my mom was shocked, since she is a nurse and she knew some of the things she was telling was just wrong and mean. I'm sorry I'm rambling, it is probably the pain medicine that I finally was able to take when i got home. On the good side, my doctor was wonderful and so were the pre-op nurses.

Oh, and the doctor said it was the worse case of adenomyosis that he had seen in 15 years. He gave me color pictures and the veins had totally covered my uterus. He said that I will be like a whole new person without the pain I was dealing with. So happy about that...

I was really sore and tired last night, but slept OK. I'm going back and forth with one lortab and 2 advils - which seems to be doing OK. I like icing it as well.
Unread 11-24-2010, 07:07 AM

Holy smokes, Jen, that's AWFUL!!! I am sorry you had to go through that. I couldn't have asked for a better staff, pre-op and post-op, and I was in the short stay unit from 10AM until 9:30PM.

I hope you get some really good rest at home.

I would be sitting by the mail box, waiting for the survey to come from the hospital, and let them know exactly what you went through. Add that to your letters. That is no way to treat someone who just went through what you went through.

Take care of yourself. I guess in a good way you didn't have to stay there and endure any more of that horrible treatment.

Feel better soon!!!
Unread 11-24-2010, 07:11 AM

((((Jen)))) That's the soonest I've heard of anyone being discharged after major surgery. I can't believe they sent you home so early, but I'm happy to read that you're doing okay. Please don't hesitate to call your doctor's office if you have any questions. I remember my first few days at home I called the doctor's office at least twice a day with questions.

I hope you have someone to cook you a Thanksgiving feast tomorrow and that all you have to do is stay in bed and enjoy it.

Unread 11-24-2010, 07:41 AM

Had my surgery on Monday, vaginal hysterectomy with the ovaries remaining. Got home yesterday around supper time. While the care in the hospital was fine, I was in a room with three other peeps, including a man!!! I didn;t sleep at all, had a great sleep last night, not too sore this AM, no appetite yet. Hope to have a shower and hopefully a BM today........we just told most people about this yesterday, it came up qucikly and I really needed time to process..........still do I think.
Unread 11-24-2010, 07:44 AM

My goodness! Co-ed rooms in the hospital? Not sure if I'd like that. Try to have someone with you while you take a shower in case you find that you aren't too steady on your feet.

Rest well and have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Unread 11-24-2010, 08:09 AM

My surgery went great yesterday and the staff are great too and I have a wonderful Doctor!!!!! I hope I will get ou this afternoon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register