Hubbie's turn! :D | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hubbie's turn! :D Hubbie's turn! :D

Unread 11-22-2010, 06:39 PM
Hubbie's turn! :D

Yeppers, I just got over my hysterectomy from August and now my husband has a hernia surgery coming up in two weeks. He took such great care of me during my recovery, I gotta come up big to help him during his. Now granted the hernia surgery isn't as big of a deal as my hysterectomy but I wanted for nothing when I was down and out.

He's all nonchalant about it and plans to have it on Friday and go back to Church on Sunday to teach his class and work on Monday (but he works a desk job from home). The lady told him that he wouldn't feel like or be able to drive for a week after and he just smiled and said "yes ma'am". I honestly don't doubt it....he has a high pain tolerance. I once watched him drag the majority of his shin across a metal pipe down to the bone and then get in the ocean because the 'salt water will help clean it out'....yeah and sting like crap! It wasn't until the 10 foot pool of blood around him started to make him worry about sharks that he got out, went to the drug store, bought two bottles of liquid band aid and closed it up himself. He said it was the first day of vacation and if he got stitches he'd be out of the water all week. The really painful thing is that it didn't heal and he had to have that liquid band aid stuff (basically superglue) scraped out of the wound with a scalpel so it could be cleaned and allowed to heal as an open gash. No pain medication during that either!

His only other surgery was his rotator cuff. He had it done on a Monday and he ended up having to take our son to the doctor the very next morning. He couldn't take the pain pills that night because he had to drive the next morning...but somehow he managed. Ha, he ended up having to take our daughter the day after our son who came down with the same illness. The doctor asked him what happened to his shoulder and when he told her she said "aren't you supposed to be on pain meds?" to wit he replied "yeah, can you please hurry?" with a smile. He actually did fine.

So I am going to find a way to take really good care of him while he recovers. He would be fine if I could just place food and water next to the couch, hand him the remote, and not bother him.

He's more worried about the nurses seeing him naked than anything else. Well, that and the doctor doesn't use general anesthesia, just versed. So my hubbie is afraid that they won't be able to sedate him out of his mind and he will be awake for it. During his vasectomy, they couldn't or wouldn't give him enough to calm him down (but in their defense, I am not sure there's enough on the planet to accomplish that)....as his legs were shaking the doctor told him "hmmmm, maybe we should have given you more". Ya think?

So turn about is fair play...guess I am up to bat.

LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-22-2010, 06:43 PM
Re: Hubbie's turn! :D

All the best on your husband's upcoming surgery. Its his turn to become a prince Take good care of your DH. Hope you are doing well.
Unread 11-22-2010, 06:49 PM
Re: Hubbie's turn! :D

I am 110% and feel GREAT....best thing I ever did. We had just got back to good monkey love again and he's going down for the count!

I told him that I expected him to service me during his recovery....and much to what shouldn't have been my surprise he said "no problem...more than one way to skin a cat" He told me he'd get the job done one way or another!

With him it's like what do I get someone for Christmas that needs nothing. He's self sufficient when it comes to recovery.....eerily kind of like a cat!

LL

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register