Vivelle Dot .1 - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vivelle Dot .1 Vivelle Dot .1

Unread 11-27-2010, 02:14 PM
Re: Vivelle Dot .1

Thanks Red. I'm 46 and still in healing period. At least the nighsweats and hot flashes have stopped. As for the backache, I don't notice it that much. I've been on neurontin 300 mg 3x a day now for about 6 months for a nerve injury in my back and it is helping with some of the pain.

I really appreciate everyone's feedback as I was really worried about going on HRT. So thanks a million!

Love and hugs,
Tracy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-27-2010, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tharese View Post
Hi Gail, I just started on my vivelle dot late Wednesday afternoon. I'm not having the night sweats anymore though. So I guess it is working. I haven't been emotional on the weepy side, I've been more like Freddie Kruger...lol That is also improving. Fortunately my dh and best friend just keep a straight face when I blow a fuse and laugh when I leave the room. lol They must really love me. I am feeling much better these days though since I'm off the oral estradiol which was making me so sick.

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Tracy
Freddy Kruger? LOL Fortunately your dh and friend take it in stride. My dh and I get into an argument whenever I am in a bad mood. One time I said, "can't you just cut me a break, I just had my ovaries removed!"
Fortunately the emotional period I that I just went through has passed. I was busy getting ready for Thanksgiving, visiting and doing more than I had before which might have caused it. I felt a little more vulnerable and just wanted to get back to my recliner. I think it surprised and confused my dh and daughter who are used to me being a strong, confident woman.
A week or so ago I started wearing my patch on my rear because I read here that the absorption is 20% better than on the abdomen. I was having regular night sweats before the surgery and haven't had one since the patch.
Even though I'm 54, I was still having periods before my surgery. My body really needs the .1 dosage which even though it's the highest is still much less than our ovaries were producing at one time.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Unread 12-08-2010, 06:33 AM

Well, I've been on it now for a couple of weeks and it is working great! No sweats, no hot flashes and I feel great too. I did have to start back on my cymbalta though. My mood swing to evil twin was just too much. Since it has gotten back in my system I am sooo much better! Now they remind me to take it! lol

Blessings!
Tracy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2010, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tharese View Post
Well, I've been on it now for a couple of weeks and it is working great! No sweats, no hot flashes and I feel great too. I did have to start back on my cymbalta though. My mood swing to evil twin was just too much. Since it has gotten back in my system I am sooo much better! Now they remind me to take it! lol
Hi Tracy,
I'm happy to hear that you've found a balance that works for you, especially after your awful experience with the estradiol pill.
The patch is still working well for me too. I moved it to my backside instead of abdomen for better absorption and I feel great. I never would have known that without the wonderful ladies here posting about it. How would I have dealt with these past 6 weeks without Hystersisters?
Unread 12-08-2010, 12:57 PM

Tharese- Thank you for sharing your experience. I just started my patch last night. It has been 4 weeks since my TAH and dr had given me an estradiol shot after the surgery to help with the recovery. The shot was only to last 4-6 weeks. Hopefully I won't have too many issues and have to play a guessing game with HRT.
Are you still feeling good? How often do you change your patch?
BTW, I'm only 32--don't know if/how age makes a difference!
Unread 12-09-2010, 04:37 AM

Winky- The younger you are the more you need HRT. That is probably why you are receiving the injections. I am 46. I am still feeling really good. I get tired still after being up several hours if I am out and about. My doctor said it would take several months to feel energetic again. Bummer!

Lovebirds= I too am wearing my patch on my back as well. It stick there the entire time.

I change my patch on wednesdays and saturdays. The box has the little chart for you so that you know when to change it.

Blessings!
Tracy
Unread 12-17-2010, 07:36 PM

I tried Premarin first. Allergic to it. The hives were ungodly. So I tried the Dot and while it did help with the hot flashes, it turns out I'm allergic to it too. Another raging case of hives. FYI, I'm new to site. Had a total done.
Unread 12-18-2010, 06:37 PM

Ouch. Sounds like you may be allergic to the adhesive too. I am very sensitive to adhesives myself. I hope you have some luck finding something that works for you.

Tracy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register