Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 29-Dec 05,2010 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 29-Dec 05,2010 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 29-Dec 05,2010

Unread 11-29-2010, 04:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 29-Dec 05,2010

If your hysterectomy was between Nov 29-Dec 05,2010 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns instead of including the question in your update! There is information on how to start a new thread in this link: New Here? or you can use this link: Post a New Topic in the Post-Op forum.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

We hope you are recovering well with plenty of rest and water and a bit of walking. Don't forget to pamper the princess!

How to use the Recovery Progress Reports thread:

• 1. This thread is for the purpose of sharing updates on your recovery as you heal from your hysterectomy.

• 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress and to share encouragement with your surgery week Sisters.

• 3. Remember to start a new thread on the Post-Op message board to ask your questions.

• 4. The Progress Report threads will be moved at approximately 8 weeks post-op to the Date Club forum inside the HysterSisters clubhouse.

• 5. Remember all the love and support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in the Pre-Op Hysterectomy Support forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of women helping women!

• 6. You can also share support and experiences with post-op members in all phases of recovery in the Post-Op Hysterectomy Support forum by replying on the new threads they create.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-29-2010, 01:41 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 29-Dec 05,2010

Congratulations and to the Post-Op side!

Now it’s time for rest and pampering! As your recovery progresses, you will probably find that you have a lot of questions! Recovery can also bring on a rollercoaster of emotions! I will be hanging out with you during your recovery to keep you company and help you find the answers and support you need. HysterSisters has a wealth of valuable information available and I will help you in your research. I may suggest you post your questions in other forums so that you’ll receive additional support from ladies who are further along in their recoveries.

Even though all of you on this Recovery Thread had your surgery in the same week, each one of you had your hysterectomy for a condition unique to you. Each one of you had a different experience and type of surgery and that means your recovery will be a unique journey. This is a place where you can come and share the tears and laughter with other women who completely understand. Remember that the initial recovery after a hysterectomy is 2 – 8 weeks but it can take up to a year to be fully recovered.

Be kind to yourself and give your body the time it needs to heal.

Important things to remember during this healing phase of recovery:

• Drink plenty of water
• Take short slow walks
• REST!

I am honored to share this journey with you and I look forward to getting to know each of you better! I hope this is the start of a happy and healthier life for you!

Deb
Unread 11-30-2010, 01:30 PM

I made it to the other side!! Now to heal nicely...thanks to this website to educate me so I knew what to expect. I am a little sore, but the pain meds are working pretty well. Surgery was monday morning and I am going home at three today. I can't wait to see my family.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-30-2010, 02:11 PM

I just got home a few hours ago. I had my LSH/BSO yesterday morning. My surgery went well & there definately was endometriosis on top of my polycistic ovaries. Although I am very sore from the surgery I feel great. I have 4 incisions with 7 stitches total.

I hope to see others arriving soon & hope to hear all had a successful surgery.
Unread 11-30-2010, 04:20 PM

Got home around 2: 30 today after surgery yesterday around 4: 00. Surgery went very well. A 8 cm mass was found in my uterus which was probably the cause of the bleeding. I had TLH/BSO and I guess the Lexapro I was taking because of the tamoxifen-induced menopause is helping with the SSM! Sore but moving around, following the rules, doing well. Cannot tell you how valuable all of the advice here has been so far.
Unread 12-01-2010, 01:54 AM

Hi all!
I'm currently writing this from my hospital bed. Yesterday I had a total laparoscopic hyster and LSO for endo/adeno and cysts. Feeling a bit sore (of course) but better than I expected!
I should be discharged tomorrow after
I see the surgeon, all things being well.
I was a teary mess going into theatre, the whole baby thing was getting to me.

I come from a large catholic family where they have babies like puppies. I always thought I'd have heaps of kids, but that wasn't to be.

As it stands I am very lucky to have been blessed with one child. By all accounts i was lucky to carry her for 7 1/2 months and she survived.
I chose the hyster to end my pain and suffering.
Right now I'm feeling pretty positive and look forward to having a life again!

Sending speedy recovery vibes to all the princesses out there Xx

The pain was unbearable.
Unread 12-01-2010, 08:45 AM

My Dr just called me this morning with my pathology report. Looks like on top of everyting else I had adendomyosis in my uterus. I am hoping to get a full surgery report on Monday when I go to have my stitches removed.
Unread 12-01-2010, 09:07 AM

Hi,
Well I made it. SAH on November 29, was home on November 30. Dr. removed a fibroid that he said was the size of a human head, plus several smaller ones. I gave him absolute fits--he tried a Lupron injection to shrink it before surgery, was going to do at least 2 shots; well I can tolerate alot, but not that %^&* drug. When I went back for my second shot, I refused it. I just couldn't tolerate the side effects, so he scheduled my surgery for 10 days later, told me I'd be in hospital for 3-4 days.
Fast forward to day of surgery-I cannot have any narcotics, I'm violently allergic to all of them, even something as mild as Tylenol w/codeine. He and the anesthesiologist were tearing out their hair. I told them that I have done well with Toradol in the past. Their response was that it's not strong enough, how about trying Fentanyl or Dilaudid. Not on your life! They're both narcotics and I'm not about to fool around with them, no epidural either, it would have freaked me out to wake up and not be able to move. They finally agreed to use the Toradol.
Surgery was at 8 a.m.; lasted about 2 hours, woke up in recovery and they gave me a couple of ice chips, then back to my room. DH was waiting there. By 7 p.m. I had drunk a little apple juice and some iced tea. Was out of bed by 8:30; asked the nurse to take the catheter out, it was bothering me more than the incision. Walked the halls off and on during the night. The nurses were amazed, they kept cheering me on.
The next morning the Dr. came in, said in 20 years he'd never seen anyone up and around so quickly after abdominal surgery. He said " You're a tough little thing." I said "Thanks, I want to go home, I hate hospitals and you know that. It's a powerful motivator." He said if I ate some toast and kept it down and could shower on my own, I could go. An hour later, I walked out the hospital doors.
So here I am, 2 days post-op. I feel great. No more fibroid pressing on my other internal organs, very minor discomfort that's handled w/Motrin. Bowels working fine.
I give alot of credit to this site for helping me prepare for this. The waiting is truly the worst part. Once I recover, then it's on with the rest of my life...
Unread 12-01-2010, 09:57 AM

I'd like to invite you to a recovery chat , scheduled for Thursday, December 2, at 1 pm eastern time (12 central, 11 mountain, 10 pacific) in the HysterSisters chatroom.

(See this Time Zone Converter to check times for other locations.) The chatroom will be open for approximately one hour.

The chatroom link above provides some information about using the chatroom.

This chat will provide an opportunity for women in the early weeks of recovery to share recovery progress, ask questions, and get to know each other a bit. There will be some hostesses (including yours truly) present as well to help answer some questions and point you to some helpful resources on our website.

Hope to see you there!

Remember to
Unread 12-02-2010, 08:07 AM

Just a friendly reminder about our chat today  One other thing, I might be running a little late. I will post an update here on your recovery thread when I open the chat room. Thanks for your patience and understanding.
  Quote:
Originally Posted by LookingforaSis View Post

I'd like to invite you to a recovery chat , scheduled for Thursday, December 2, at 1 pm eastern time (12 central, 11 mountain, 10 pacific) in the HysterSisters chatroom.

(See this Time Zone Converter to check times for other locations.) The chatroom will be open for approximately one hour.

The chatroom link above provides some information about using the chatroom.

This chat will provide an opportunity for women in the early weeks of recovery to share recovery progress, ask questions, and get to know each other a bit. There will be some hostesses (including yours truly) present as well to help answer some questions and point you to some helpful resources on our website.

Hope to see you there!

Remember to

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register