Vaginal Dryness | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vaginal Dryness Vaginal Dryness

Unread 11-29-2010, 04:37 PM
Vaginal Dryness

I was using Estrace for vaginal dryness. I decided it wasn't helping me so I just quit taking it. I have been off of it for about a year now and I think my new symptoms could be caused from vaginal dryness. I have burning, some itching, pressure when I need to urinate, and just very uncomfortable. I first thought that I had a yeast infection, but I have taken the Monostat and I still have the symptoms. Has anyone had these symptoms?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-30-2010, 05:16 PM
Re: Vaginal Dryness

There are other products for vaginal dryness. I have heard good things about Vagifem. Have you discussed this issue with your doctor?

Unread 12-01-2010, 08:27 AM

Hi,

I have discussed it with my doctor and she put me on Estrace. I just don't like taking any kind of hormones. I have an appointment with my doctor in January and will discuss this with her again. I have to admit that I am way past due for my yearly checkup. I started using Replens last night so we will see how this works. Thanks for your email.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2010, 12:24 PM

Hello - i am 3 wks post-op from LAVH-BSO. was wondering if the Replens help you ?
Unread 12-08-2010, 12:53 PM

I think it is helping. I have been using it for about a week. You should try it.
Unread 12-08-2010, 02:01 PM
Talking - Vaginal Dryness Re: Vaginal Dryness

thank you - i will go buy some. Ive never been this dry before - im sticking to my panty liner -
Unread 12-08-2010, 02:43 PM

I have had a problem since I had my hysterectomy back in 2002. Mine gets so bad that I have bladder pressure, burning, and some discharge. I think the Replens has helped. I just don't want to use anything with hormones in it. The Replens is very easy to insert. I was very surprised.
Unread 12-08-2010, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdacas3 View Post
Hello - i am 3 wks post-op from LAVH-BSO. was wondering if the Replens help you ?
(((Pam))), since you're so early in your recovery, please check with your doctor before using this, or any other product, which is inserted vaginally. The "nothing in the vagina" rule applies to medications just as it does to sex. Unless you've been cleared by your doctor, you should avoid using any vaginal product.

(((Worried))), I'm glad you're getting relief with the Replens. I've read about, but have not tried, Vitamin E capsules being used for dryness so that's another non-hormone option to keep in mind if you want to try something else. There's more information about vaginal dryness in this link: Vaginal Dryness.

I hope this helps!

Unread 12-09-2010, 11:34 AM

oh yes definitely i did ask my doc and he is the one that told me to try Replens. thank you for concern. i still havnt gone to purchase it yet because of the "nothing in the vagina rule" - lol. i may just wait
Unread 12-09-2010, 12:22 PM

(((Pam))), I'm glad you checked with your doctor. If you do end up using it, I hope it helps!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register