Avoid Comedy for awhile after surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Avoid Comedy for awhile after surgery Avoid Comedy for awhile after surgery

Unread 12-04-2010, 08:43 PM
Avoid Comedy for awhile after surgery

Oh my goodness, my DH just found a way to make me cry...laugh and hurt at the same time... Do not watch Jeff Dunham til you are healed...am I hurting...phew....anyone else bust a gut laughing yet? owwwie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-04-2010, 09:06 PM
Re: Avoid Comedy for awhile after surgery

I did that too! Jeff Dunham is hysterical. I'm almost 10 weeks out but if I start laughing or start doing too much I still get sore.
Unread 12-05-2010, 02:49 PM

Yup...Oh how I remember those days when I would laugh and it would hurt a little. Even while in the hospital, a doctor was making me laugh..... of course laughing is always good medicine but not right after a major surgery.

Always have that tummy pillow nearby!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-05-2010, 04:42 PM

I wouldn't watch nothin funny on tv for a couple of weeks when I come home from hospital...not even America funniest videos because I didn't want to laugh I would go right by funny channels..I'm almost 4
Weeks now I think I'm safe to stop by that channel lol
Unread 12-08-2010, 12:19 AM

I watched "Grown ups"...needless to say not a good idea. Those are all of my favorite comedians and I was so sore the next day. It was nice to laugh though.
Unread 12-08-2010, 01:31 AM

I tried reading David Sedaris after my surgery... not the best idea. Almost literally "busted a gut"!

I realized I have a lot of funny people in my life. Everyone, even my cats, were making me laugh! Ow! Ow! Ow!
Unread 12-08-2010, 01:39 AM

Believe it or not, my doctor told me that laughter was good for my tummy. She said that I needed to make sure I had a tummy pillow, but that I should laugh during my recovery. Honestly! So, I did occassionaly laugh with my pillow on tummy, but I avoided anything that would cause me "gut wrenching," laughter! Good luck ladies on your recovery.
Unread 12-08-2010, 09:26 AM

I laughed hysterically 2 days after while watching a movie. My sister in law was here helping out and I think I laughed more at her laughing at me than anything. My son thought it was quite comical as well and decided to tape my giggles and ows and played it for anyone who came into the house. Having a family that likes to drop one-liners was not easy for the first couple of days and it is still sore to giggle so I try to stay clear of them.
Unread 12-08-2010, 01:05 PM

Fortunately- or not- I haven't been watching any Telly this week as my sitting room is being decorated, so I haven't watched any gut wrenching comics. But the paint smell and adhesive has made me cough, so that has been painful.

Managed some veg preparation yesterday and sorted sheets and clothes today, but I get quite sharp pains after doing it. I hope that none of us feel pressurized into doing too much, too soon. So, sisters, take it easy out there and get this around you to keep helping!
Unread 12-09-2010, 08:04 AM

For some reason I got a lot of get well cards that were funny. My DH would laugh at me when I tried to laugh gently after reading them, but I got him back when I videotaped him cooking dinner (proof that he really did make dinner).

Even some commercials made me laugh. Some made me cry for no reason, so I guess it balances out.

Just remember that laughter is good and healing, just be gentle until you heal a bit!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register