dVH/RALH 3 wks post op spotting | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 wks post op spotting 3 wks post op spotting

Unread 12-05-2010, 10:28 AM
3 wks post op spotting

I am almost 3 wks post op and the past 3 days I have been spotting. Not bad just spotting after using the bathroom. It isn't bright red, more of a brownish pink. I was told that I would only spot a few days after surgery. I am wondering if anyone else has had this happen? Is this something I should be concerned with?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-05-2010, 10:35 AM
Re: 3 wks post op spotting

I had the same thing that happened. I started to spot at approx 3 weeks post op, it was nothing major and was told by my dr that it is normal and it didnt stop after about a week so I was just fine. I was told that if it fills a pad an hour or it runs bright red and with pain then I should be concerned and call my dr. I had expected to maybe spot right after surgery but that didnt happen for me. I am fine now and havent spotted since then!! Goood luck to you
Unread 12-05-2010, 05:34 PM

I had the davinci surgery and didn't have any spotting after day 2. Then, the night before my post-op appt (2 weeks) I saw light pink on the toilet paper. I told the surgeon about it at the appt. and he said it was fine because I was still in the post-op period.

It will be 3 weeks tomorrow (can't believe how fast the time goes) and I still occasionally have very light spotting. I'm trying not to worry about it. I'm also having twinges in my lower belly...but keep telling myself that this is just tissue healing.

I really don't know about anyone else, but I feel those of us who have had robotic surgery are on a different playing field than everyone else. My surgeon said at the post-op that I could do whatever I felt capable of...no lifting restrictions..etc and to just do what I felt I could! So..I went shopping at Target. This meant pushing a shopping cart and lifting things in and out of the cart. I was sore that evening, but then the next day felt fine. Of course, in the back of my mind, I kept thinking about all the posts on here that say not to do anything and how I'm going to permanently damage myself and cause adhesions!

Anyhow, I think light spotting is considered 'ok'. It's only when it is outside the 6 week period or is heavy that it is something to worry about. Also, I asked the surgeon how many internal stitches I had and he said "4..maybe 5". That helped ease my mind about ripping stitches out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-06-2010, 07:18 AM

I have been spotting since about two weeks post and now I am three weeks. Usually nothing major it is a red/pink I amstill having a lot of pain on lower left side too. Have an appt. today with reg. doctor to check for bladder infection. The pain is really bothering me. Seeing this post is reassuring me a little bit. thanks
Unread 12-06-2010, 07:24 AM

you all are lucky I have been spotting ever since I had the surgery..sometimes its nothing sometimes its brown, sometimes brownish pink, and then sometimes a yellow brown..although I have heard this all is normal I feel it needs to go away I am getting tired of wearing pantyliners
Unread 12-07-2010, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkkline View Post
you all are lucky I have been spotting ever since I had the surgery..sometimes its nothing sometimes its brown, sometimes brownish pink, and then sometimes a yellow brown..although I have heard this all is normal I feel it needs to go away I am getting tired of wearing pantyliners
I feel the same way! I only spotted red/pink for the first 4 days post op, but now it's been almost two weeks of this light brown/brownish stuff. I don't even know what it is! I've gone back and forth about worrying about it. I know others have mentioned brownish discharge, but why is it lasting so long??
Unread 12-08-2010, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckybug View Post
I feel the same way! I only spotted red/pink for the first 4 days post op, but now it's been almost two weeks of this light brown/brownish stuff. I don't even know what it is! I've gone back and forth about worrying about it. I know others have mentioned brownish discharge, but why is it lasting so long??
I went for my 3 wk appointment yesterday and right after I wrote my previous post I experienced some bright red Bleeding but till I got to my Drs appointment It was back to the brown, Dr seems to think it was a stitch disolving. she also said I could spot up to 6wks UGGGG!!!!..so it is nothing to worry yourself about luckybug..we are just the chosen ones to get to spot longer LOL
Unread 12-08-2010, 12:00 PM

Thanks jkkline! That makes me feel better, and even tho it's not fun, I'll just be grateful it's not something serious
Unread 01-11-2011, 12:29 PM

I am 13 days post op from total hysterectemy with DaVinci and I have started more than spotting. After 3rd day all I needed was a pantyliner. Since Sunday, I need a full pad. Certainly not filling a pad quickly, but still need the regular pad. I am already tired and aggravated with the pad! Haven't had to wear a pad since my daughter's birth 28 years ago. I am so jealous of those that say they don't need anything! Of course I'm the one that would have the "heavier" bleeding. Since it is my only complaint except not knowing how much is too much, I guess I should relax. But I can't. See the Dr for first post op on Friday.
Unread 01-12-2011, 07:18 AM

chiclet295 - I am 21 days post op and have minor bleeding since the day I came home from the castle. I have been changing he panty liner approx 3 times a day. Really hate the pad thing also. Thought I was done with them. LOL Hopefully things will get better. Have the first post op appt today and was planning on asking about something called Silver Nitrate. I have read it is supposed to help in the healing and also with the bleeding from the vaginal cuff. Will update later this evening. Relax and have a good day.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register