Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Dec 06-Dec 12,2010 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Dec 06-Dec 12,2010 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Dec 06-Dec 12,2010

Unread 12-06-2010, 04:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Dec 06-Dec 12,2010

If your hysterectomy was between Dec 06-Dec 12,2010 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns instead of including the question in your update! There is information on how to start a new thread in this link: New Here? or you can use this link: Post a New Topic in the Post-Op forum.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

We hope you are recovering well with plenty of rest and water and a bit of walking. Don't forget to pamper the princess!

How to use the Recovery Progress Reports thread:

• 1. This thread is for the purpose of sharing updates on your recovery as you heal from your hysterectomy.

• 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress and to share encouragement with your surgery week Sisters.

• 3. Remember to start a new thread on the Post-Op message board to ask your questions.

• 4. The Progress Report threads will be moved at approximately 8 weeks post-op to the Date Club forum inside the HysterSisters clubhouse.

• 5. Remember all the love and support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in the Pre-Op Hysterectomy Support forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of women helping women!

• 6. You can also share support and experiences with post-op members in all phases of recovery in the Post-Op Hysterectomy Support forum by replying on the new threads they create.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-06-2010, 08:48 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Dec 06-Dec 12,2010

I am so glad you have made it to the recovery thread. I am sitting here thinking about my first few weeks post op and on one hand it seems like it was just yesterday. And yet, I remember wondering if I would EVER feel good again and those feelings are so far in the past that it makes it feel as if my lavh/bso was a lifetime ago.

These first few weeks are going to be a roller coaster ride for some of you. But for all of you, these first few weeks are crucial. You have to take care of yourself and follow your post op instructions from the hospital.

The purpose of this thread is to give you a place to update us on how you’re doing as you recover and begin to heal from your surgery. I will be hanging out with you in this thread, to keep you company while you get through your initial recovery period. We have a lot of resources on this website, and one of the things I’ll do is help you find the best places to post your questions and concerns.

The first place I would like you to visit is the checkpoints for weeks 1-2. This will give you a good idea of what to expect, what's normal, what's not, etc.

I am looking forward to reading all of your updates and being here for you in the healing process.

Remember to get plenty of rest, drink lots of water, and most importantly to

Unread 12-07-2010, 12:15 AM

I had a total vaginal hyster Monday at 7:30am. I am feeling great so far! Had some nausea from the anesthesia in the morning, all has gone well since that passed. Went home at 8:30pm that night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-07-2010, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAMS68 View Post

I had a total vaginal hyster Monday at 7:30am. I am feeling great so far! Had some nausea from the anesthesia in the morning, all has gone well since that passed. Went home at 8:30pm that night.
Kams68

Wow! You got released really quickly. Hope all continues to go well for you.
Unread 12-07-2010, 01:53 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Dec 06-Dec 12,2010

I had an LSH, Monday, Dec 6.it was scheduled as an outpatient but after 4 hrs in post-op I was still very weak and queasy, so they kept me one night. I'm home now and my incisions feel pretty good except for the one through which she removed my uterus, that one is burning and stinging particularly when I lay down or try to get back up agian. Of course coughing is very painful. I've slept almost constantly since the surgery. In an effort to prepare for constipation, I started taking stool softeners on Friday and fortunately I had my first BM this AM (am amazing feat considering I tend to be chronically constipated. I don't feel great but I'm confident I'l lbe much improved by the weekend.
Unread 12-07-2010, 07:26 PM

I had my surgery (Da Vinci) this morning at 930, was suppose to be at 1040, and was home by 400. The nurse said they were ahead of schedule so I didn't have much time to get too nervous. I slept most of the afternoon and then DH got me something to eat. I am pretty sore in the abdomen area, but other than that I am feeling pretty good so far. Tomorrow may be another story, but hopefully this continues.
Unread 12-07-2010, 11:00 PM

I'm new here and had my LSH yesterday morning at 9:07am. Things have been going well. Doc used dermabond to keep the wounds together. I'm happy not have any stitches. My biggest issue is gas. I've been taking an anti-gas med but it's painful to fart. I think I'll feel much better by the weekend. I haven't noticed the fatigue yet. Actually the opposite has applied to me. I can't fall asleep easy.
Hope to meet other women who are going through this at the same time. :-)
Nina
Unread 12-08-2010, 05:47 AM

Had Total Vaginal Monday at 7:30 am. all went well and easy. Was way out of it Monday. Went home Tuesday. today is the first pain I have felt. Guess the passing of gas was hard and now am waiting for my first BM. Going to take my meds now, I hate taking them but the pain is begining. Hope this is as hard as it gets.
Unread 12-08-2010, 07:43 AM

I'd like to invite you to a recovery chat , scheduled for Thursday, December 9, at 8pm eastern time (7 central, 6 mountain, 5 pacific) in the HysterSisters chatroom.

(See this Time Zone Converter to check times for other locations.) The chatroom will be open for approximately an hour and a half.

The chatroom link above provides some information about using the chatroom.

This chat will provide an opportunity for women in the early weeks of recovery to share recovery progress, ask questions, and get to know each other a bit. There will be some hostesses (including yours truly) present as well to help answer some questions and point you to some helpful resources on our website.

Hope to see you there!

Remember to
Unread 12-08-2010, 08:43 AM

Hello everyone! I am new here as well. I had my TVH with monarch bladder sling done on Monday at 12. surgery went well, I chatted off and on with the surgeon because I only had a spinal.. But in the recovery room I actually flat lined! I guess I gave everyone quite a scare. I truly feel like I have been given a second chance at life. Recovery is going well so
Far, taking advil for pain and reglan for nausea. Hope everyone recovers well. This website has been a blessing! Thank you Hystersisters!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register