TAH Tomorrow...FLOOD of MIXED EMOTIONS!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TAH Tomorrow...FLOOD of MIXED EMOTIONS!!! TAH Tomorrow...FLOOD of MIXED EMOTIONS!!!

Unread 12-06-2010, 03:14 PM
TAH Tomorrow...FLOOD of MIXED EMOTIONS!!!

Hello Everyone:

I'm having a TAH tomorrow, and I must admit, I'm having a FLOOD of mixed emotions...I'm ready to get this over with so I can get relief, but at the same time, I feel like crying because I feel it's not fair for me to be going through this at such a young age. I'm 35 btw.

Anyway, can someone PLEASE tell me I'm NOT losing my mind. I'm doing my BEST to stay strong, but it's tough. Thanks a bunch!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-06-2010, 03:35 PM
Re: TAH Tomorrow...FLOOD of MIXED EMOTIONS!!!

Nope you are not out of your mind. I feel the time passing so very slowly right now and it's driving me nuts. I just do the best I can to stay busy. I know how the unfairness feels I'm only 37. With my family history I was kind of expecting it though.
We'll be ok and all the better for it in then end. Hang in there
Unread 12-06-2010, 04:01 PM

No, you are not crazy. Of course you are having a flood of emotions.. you'd be crazy not to.. and pretty darn stupid if you weren't affected by the severity and impact of the experience you are about to have.. My advice..is cry if you need to.. ask for help when you need to.. and you will!... speak up for yourself ... and don't listen to people who have negative or bad stories to tell.. I am eight weeks out from a TAH.. abdominal hyst. I did not expect, with a lot of complications that I dished up once they were in there. .. Recovery is hard work but not as bad as you would imagine.. the bad days will pass and you have to stay positive ..even though. you are right.. you are young.. your post struck me because when i was 35.. i lost my only brother.. and i remember thinking.. ****..im young for this.. to go through this.. its normal..its ok.. and you know what.. you can do it.... stay positive.. ask for help.. look for angels.. they are out there..xo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-06-2010, 04:37 PM

I'm a week away and I'm crying hysterically at everything. I feel like I've totally lost it, but I think it's all just a flood of emotional and the normal fears of surgery. It's perfectly normal. I really hope this helps you and try to stay positive.
Unread 12-06-2010, 06:56 PM

You're not crazy. Let yourself have your "not fair" feelings -- we all do -- and then let them go. I let myself feel that for a bit, and then started to think about how many women go through this...and how many of them are doing so in much harder circumstances than I am: without insurance, without supportive friends and family, without a job, without a home. The pain we feel is felt by the whole world; our wish that our pain be alleviated is a wish that the whole world's pain be alleviated.

May I be free of suffering and the root of suffering.
May others be free of suffering and the root of suffering.
May I know happiness and the root of happiness.
May others know happiness and the root of happiness.
Unread 12-06-2010, 07:30 PM

I know exactly how you're feeling. I'm getting mine at only 23. You're not crazy - it's definitely emotional. I've just had to keep reminding myself (and having hubby remind me) that I'm doing the right thing and it will all be better soon!

(((Hugs)))
Unread 12-06-2010, 07:52 PM

I turned 36 in September and was feeling down because my body was falling apart feeling old. Then the answer came when I finally got insurance and went to doctor and suddenly I realized how young I actually am. It's been life altering. Changed my perspective on so many things. I was always stubborn about not wanting kids and then I was suddenly depressed about not having them. Lots of emotions all at once. As if a bunch of doors all opened at once and the breeze behind each one knocked me down all at once.
You have to let yourself get through all of these emotions and not be hard on yourself. The thing that is crazy for me is that my Fibroid has become the norm in my life for so long now that I can't comprehend what feeling good will feel like. I've rationalized it for so long knowing I couldn't afford a doctor. I'm in a dysfunctional relationship with my Fibroid. Hahaha.
I'm sad about losing a part of my body even though it's so mean to me!
Unread 12-06-2010, 08:24 PM

I never really slept the night before my surgery. The day of my surgery I was up at 4am shaving and getting ready.

I know my emotions were all over the place. I wanted to just encourage you and let you know that's totally normal! I'm thinking of you and you really will not regret this down the road. Good luck!
Unread 12-07-2010, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilHysSis View Post
Hello Everyone:

I'm having a TAH tomorrow, and I must admit, I'm having a FLOOD of mixed emotions...I'm ready to get this over with so I can get relief, but at the same time, I feel like crying because I feel it's not fair for me to be going through this at such a young age. I'm 35 btw.

Anyway, can someone PLEASE tell me I'm NOT losing my mind. I'm doing my BEST to stay strong, but it's tough. Thanks a bunch!
I'm 35 too! I had a TAH also, abdominally because I've never been able to have children, so the vag removal was out, as well as liproscopically.

I felt the emotion of "I'm so young, this really sucks" for about half a minute....my mind forced me to recall a 4 month period that cost me my job.

and...well....I'm glad that I can get this over with at such a young age so I can go out there and rule my world without worrying about a period, EVER!

You are not losing your mind. Your feelings are VERY normal. Take these emotions slow, and deal with them as they come, you deserve it. Because I had to FIGHT for my hyster, I was ready. SOOO READY! being 35 and not having given birth to anything made my road to hysterhood very long, hard, and miserable.....

but we did it! And..you'll be the queen of the Post op boards in no time, helping out the next 35 year old who is so lost.....and we'll hold her hand too.

Hang in there....being a princess, a true princess, is only for the courageous.
Unread 12-07-2010, 06:09 AM

No your not crazy. I'm 39 and was blindsided by this. I was expecting another lap to remove a cyst or adhesions. I was looking into invetro because my boyfriend and I had just decided to have a baby together. I cried for weeks. Now I cry becuase I just want it over and done with. Like ripping off a bandaid. Week by week my body has become forein to me. I feel bloated and yucky. Now it's betraying me when I want to make love and I can't get aroused. I normally have a very high libido, now its so frustrating to have my body reject me. It like I'm trapped in someone elses body. I get jelous of all the ladies in waiting who get to go to the castle before me. It's like waiting in the lines at Disney! Well, you probably won't see this post until after you come home, but I wish you all the best and pray for a speedy recovery for you.
Many Blessings,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register