Mass found after hyst in Jan 2008 :/ | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Mass found after hyst in Jan 2008 :/ Mass found after hyst in Jan 2008 :/

Unread 12-06-2010, 04:23 PM
Mass found after hyst in Jan 2008 :/

I had a complete hysterectomy in January of 2008. I went for my yearly exam last week, and they found a mass on palpitation. They sent me for an US which showed nothing, but the tech did say there was a shadow. They recommended a CT scan, but referred me to a surgeon first. He now wants a CT scan with full body contrast. This surgeon felt the mass that is in the left lower quadrant, alond where the colon is and where the ovaries used to be. It is extremely painful. I went to our local University hospital, and since I don't have insurance, they refused to do the CT scan. I am absolutely scared to death. I have a four yr old and an eight yr old, and I don't want them to grow up without their mommy. Has anyone had anything like this before? Any ideas? WHat do I do? Please Help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-11-2010, 04:13 PM
Re: Mass found after CH Jan 2008 :/

(((hrcamacho)))

First, take some deep breaths (it really does help!). I know you're scared, but remember, you don't know anything for certain at this point. Try not to get too far ahead of yourself, sweetie.

Have you checked with the hospital social workers concerning any programs or assistance you might qualify for so you could receive the CT, etc.? They usually have contact information for things like this. You might also check with your local health department. And, let the doc who ordered the scan know why you didn't get it. His office might have some ideas as well. I'm certain you're not the first person in this situation they've come across.

Hang in there!
monami

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register