6 Week Post Op and Feeling Great!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 Week Post Op and Feeling Great!!! 6 Week Post Op and Feeling Great!!!

Unread 12-07-2010, 09:10 PM
6 Week Post Op and Feeling Great!!!

Hi everyone, I am 6 weeks post op and feeling great. I started back to work last week,the first few days were a little tough but it felt great to get those stomach muscles working again after laying around and doing nothing for 4 weeks. I am back in regular clothes, no belly swelling, no gas, have not been on pain meds for 3 weeks now. My incision still has a little healing to do, being a diabetic it is taking a little longer but being safe about lifting anything too heavy. I have been doing house chores, even using the vaccum!!! My Husband has been great but face it Ladies, they dont do the same job as we do!!! At my 6 week post op visit I had an internal, did not hurt nor uncomfortable. I got a clean bill of health!! So ladies be positive and good luck in you own recovery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-07-2010, 11:06 PM
Re: 6 Week Post Op and Feeling Great!!!

Great to hear! Thanks for sharing!
Unread 12-07-2010, 11:15 PM

hi bab
thank you so much for sharing this good news, ive been worried that id not be right in time. i had my Tah last week can you talk us though week to week the things you were able to do i dont want to take it to easy but then again i dont want to do to much and injure my self
your guidence would be appriciated
thanks in advance
hugs xxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2010, 05:53 PM

Mysterylady, My surgery did not go as planned, I was supposed to be LSH and 2 hours into the procedure they nicked the bladder and had to change to a SAH, also the noticed that my right ovary and tube were very cystic and they were removed. Had to have my bladder repaired which meant I came home with a catheter. For the first week I stayed on the main floor of my house (my husband moved out the loveseat and brought down the daybed from the guest room). I took the gas X and the colace everyday. Gas X works and you dont really get the swelled belly and the colace helps had no constipation and was having regular BM after day 4. After a week the catheter and the staples and stitches were removed and I started going up and down the steps, which meant I was sleeping in my own bed, I would use ice on my belly and near the incision area several times a day, it kept the swelling down. I dont have any children so during the day it was just me at home and I just layed around and read and watched TV (i know boring) only went up and down the steps once a day. Just take it easy, dont worry about the house cleaning, or running errands and dont drive till you are ready. I also did alot of walking either around the house or on nice days outside. I did the laundry (my Husband carried the basket up & down stairs) cooked meals everyday including the dishes. Just take it easy and let you body tell you if you can do it or not. After 3 weeks I was driving short distances, and After 4 weeks back to work. Now at 6 weeks I am feeling great. Good luck.
Unread 12-12-2010, 04:33 AM

thanks bab for walking us through your recovery im feeling better every day and now im able to sleep on my side im doing a little more each day but im making sure im not fooled into doing to much
my surgeon warned me about that he said hes had many patients who felt great at 6 weeks then over did it and doubled there recovery time
hope your still feeling fantastic hugssssss michelle

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register