TLH Total Laproscopic Hysterectomy 10-7-10 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Total Laproscopic Hysterectomy 10-7-10 Total Laproscopic Hysterectomy 10-7-10

Unread 12-13-2010, 08:59 AM
Total Laproscopic Hysterectomy 10-7-10

hello everyone...
i am new here.

i am 30 years old and just had a total hysterectomy oct 7th, 2010.
i had my uterus, cervix, both fallopian tubes and my left ovary removed.
my left ovary was a giant cyst mass (the whole thing) non cancerous, thank goodness.

its been a rough ride. a lot of pain. a lot of surgeries before hand trying to get me to ovulate naturally. all of which failed. i had several d and c's trying to clean up my uterine lining cause i had very bad bleeding each month with my periods.
they were horrible. they took over my life. caused pain, upset, i couldn't go anywhere or do anything without worrying that id be bleeding down my leg in the grocery store, etc.
id cry each month cause the pain of my periods was so bad.

i was diagnosed with endometriosis this april 2010 during a surgery that was supposed to "fix" my periods and make my ovulation happen naturally cause i was creating cysts on my ovaries and fallopian tubes.
ive bursted a few cysts which resulted in emergency room visits which all they did was take a scan and give me pain meds and send me on my way home.

i also have polycystic ovarian disease. so a double wammy. the pcos will never go away, but hopefully my right ovary that is left will do what its supposed to do. supply my body with hormones so i can be healthy.
i cannot take hormone replacement therapy cause the birth control pills i was on, made a tumor on my liver that could have been fatal.
and my gallbladder failed also at the same time that my liver started making a tumor.
so horomone replacement therapy is outta the question.
my only hope is that this right ovary will behave and keep me healthy.

i am thankful i cannot get pregnant, cause i was told my chances of conceiving were very slim. and that id probably miscarry over and over.
so that worry is gone.
my husband and i do not have children.
we have our cat Chuckie which is our little boy and he is so wonderful.

i am thankful that i found this doctor that did my hysterectomy for me cause my regular obgyn was against it due to my young age.
i couldnt spend another 25 years hoping for menapause to come for some relief.
the first time i saw my surgeon, he says you have endometriosis and this is what you need!
and i was like thank you so much. i was prepared for an argument and he just put his hand on my shoulder and said its gonna be okay.
and now its over.

its been a rough ride. i feel the imbalance of my hormones. my skin is a bit red and broken out, and i am very fatigued.
i cry a lot cause i have pain and its hard to even get the energy to run a load of wash, go to the grocery store, or do my dishes.
but some how im managing.

my husband has been greatly supportive and most people i have seen in the last few months said i look healthier, happier and look like im losing weight. (i am a bit heavy) so i hope in time i can get the energy back to work out again.
ive lost 15 pounds this year with some effort and had the set back with my surgery in october.

i hope 2011 will be filled with happiness and better health to come.
i will never regret my decision to have this surgery. i believe its been a life saver for me.
who knows what would have happened if this wasnt taken care of.
thank you doctor! ill be forever great full to him.

nice to meet everyone.
hope u are all doing well yourselves.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-13-2010, 07:13 PM
Re: Total Laproscopic Hysterectomy 10-7-10

Wow, sounds like you have been through alot. I am glad you now have the surgery behind you. I am hoping that your ovary does it job, and keeps your hormones even. Best wishes for the holidays, and next year!!
Unread 12-15-2010, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plmccorm View Post
Wow, sounds like you have been through alot. I am glad you now have the surgery behind you. I am hoping that your ovary does it job, and keeps your hormones even. Best wishes for the holidays, and next year!!
thank you and you also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-15-2010, 05:34 AM

coasterckic, I am wishing you the best and giving all the positive energy I can!

I think when you feel able to starting exercising again you'll feel a lot better. Exercise always seems to help, no matter what. And since you're heavy, the reduced weight will make a positive impact on your hormone balance.

I'm sorry you're in pain right now though, and I hope it's not due to endo remaining after surgery. As far as the child issue, I feel you because I never had children either, and at this point too old to adopt. But you can look into adoption and even foster care if you're so inclined, since you're young, and you have a loving supportive husband.

Next year will be better for all of us, I just feel it.

Unread 12-15-2010, 11:11 AM

thank you Sam47.
I hope all the endo is gone. but i think all my pain is cause ive had non stop surgeries over the past 3 years.
so my middle has had it.
i truely dont think ill ever be pain free, but im sure it will be much better then it was. plus i heal a bit slower cause i take asthma meds (corticosteriods) for breathing. so that slows down healing and for some reason makes your pain medication not work to its extent.
but the great thing is my jeans from last year fit. i didnt wear jeans for a whole year cause i was so bloated and swollen all the time from my horrible periods.
and the 17 pound weight loss has helped too.
i think next year will be a great year for weight loss for me and the hormones should calm down a bit, i bet you are right.
i just have to get my self moving and really make it my number one goal to get this weight off. i think that is whats gonna make the difference in my life.
i hope you are feeling well as i see you had your surgery in October also.
how are you feeling?
did you have a lot of pain with your surgery?
mine was so very painful, but i was able to get outta bed in 3 days without effort cause it was laproscopic.
the surgery i had in april to try to get me to ovulate was done open incision it took me 2 weeks to be able to get outta bed without help.
it definitly made a difference getting my hysterectomy done laproscopically! ill be forever greatful to my doctor.
thank you again for your post. means very much to me
Unread 12-15-2010, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coasterchikiemc View Post
i hope you are feeling well as i see you had your surgery in October also.
how are you feeling?
Thank you for asking. Yeah, I am doing ok. I see the surgeon tomorrow for my 2nd post op appt, hopefully she will clear me for more activity and my cuff is healed better than last time. I can't say things are physically perfect with me, but much better than before the surgery.

Emotionally, I felt a little sad today and grabbed some wine at the grocery store along with dinner, which I rarely ever do, to I don't know, drink it I guess to feel better. Earlier today we had a xmas party at work, and I worked really hard to help organize it and make sure everyone had what they needed. Few thank-you's were heard. And I was more or less alone with everyone else sort of matched up with their buddies. It makes me realize how apart I've been from everyone, not just at work but family as well, because I've been so sick for 6 years. And I'm afraid that I just don't have the social skills to get back into it, you know? I know that's stupid, but it's just something in my head I guess that I have to get over. It's time to get back into the world.

Oh, and I wanted to say with you, yes a definite yes get back into exercising. Only good things can come from that.

Take care....

Samantha

Unread 12-16-2010, 06:29 AM

Sam47,
I know the feeling of feeling so crappy the last 3 years that social events are hard.
I can't tell you how many times id go to one of my husband's company functions and have to leave early cause of cramps and pain.
We went to my husband's xmas party last saturday and people did say that i looked much happier and healthier then i had in the past.
They all told my hubby, lol.
It will take time but youll get there.
I had some trouble healing my cuff too.
It took a full 8 weeks before the doctor cleared me for sexual activity and I have to say that its so much better then it was before cause I dont have pain with intercourse anymore or orgasm. Id get so much pain that my hubby and i were becoming strangers.
As far as the feeling sad, I have days were I do cry a lot like yesterday. Then I feel a bit better after my cry. Its the hormones, all the emotions that come along with this type of surgery.
A hysterectomy is a very emotional surgery.
Youll get there
Its gonna take time to feel confident in social situations cause I know i struggle with that too.
Don't get down on your self. Just know youll get there.
Take care and keep healing and feeling well.
Time heals

Monica

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register