Questions, Question and more Questions on Normal? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Questions, Question and more Questions on Normal? Questions, Question and more Questions on Normal?

Unread 12-13-2010, 10:40 AM
Questions, Question and more Questions on Normal?

Had a LAVH on the 10th so 3 days post op. Have a few questions

I felt much better day 2 of post op. Today if feels like real bad cramping or someone is grabbing at my insides. Is it normal to feel better then worse?

Also I never had a bladder problem when I coughed but today that is happening when I cough sometime pee will come out. Normal?

Last I am peeing... a LOT..is that normal because of all the fluid they pump you with?

Thanks if anyone can help me with any of these questions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-13-2010, 11:32 AM
Re: Questions, Question and more Questions on Normal?

I can say I had to pee a lot when I first got home because of all the fluids put in us. I know a couple of times I hardly made it to the bathroom because I felt like it was just going to come out. Never really wet myself. Hopefully one of the other sisters can answer that question better for you. If you don't get the answer then just call your doctor.

As far as cramping I didn't have any of that.

Hope you feel better soon.

Sending
Unread 12-13-2010, 11:59 AM

I had LAVH on 12/2 and experienced the exact same as you related to feeling pretty good the first couple of days and then feeling worse. I had mine outpatient so I was home a few hours after surgery and rested very comfortably in my own bed. I remember day three and day four being my worst. And now on the mend again. I didn't have any of the pee issues although there are plenty of ladies on here who have.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-13-2010, 12:01 PM

All these things sound pretty normal to me. I also had to pee a lot in the beginning. I also had a tugging/cramping and even to this day (almost 4 weeks post-op) I get mild cramping. You will get better, it will just take time!
Unread 12-14-2010, 05:12 PM

Thanks last night I had a slight fever 100.7 then this morning I felt fine. Now this afternoon it went up to 100.9. I am not sure what is going on since it seems to go down in the morning. I will call the Doc in the morning or tonight if it spikes up any higher.
Unread 12-14-2010, 05:17 PM

Call your doctor. If you are running a fever it may be a sign of an infection. Hopefully it is nothing but better to be safe. I would take it very easy until you can call the doc but if it gets any higher or you start feeling worse call the office and talk to the on call doc. Sending
Unread 12-15-2010, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooks View Post
Thanks last night I had a slight fever 100.7 then this morning I felt fine. Now this afternoon it went up to 100.9. I am not sure what is going on since it seems to go down in the morning. I will call the Doc in the morning or tonight if it spikes up any higher.
Cooks - hope you are feeling better today or going to the doctor to find out what is happening with the fever.

Thanks for the post, I had my TAH on Dec. 9th and was able to keep my ovaries. Yesterday was a horrible day for me. Just felt kinda listless, weepy, impatient with recovery, etc...My DH had to remind me that I had only been home for 3 full days and that I was less than a week out from the surgery. I've always been a busy person and not use to be limited in my abilities or in my activites. Recovery is hard for me and I am learning that some days will be better than others. I think I have to learn to be patient with myself and realistic with my recovery. I had a vertical incision due to a large fibroid and the recovery is definitely more than I anticipated. I am doing it one day at a time at this point.

Take care of your self.
Unread 12-15-2010, 07:33 AM

Those all sound normal to me as well. I had the exact same problem with the peeing, especially the first few days. I believe it is because of the large amounts of fluid you receive and the catheter that you had. I found that my bladder was very "aggitated" after the catheter was removed, to the point where I had a hard time urinating, even though I had to do it frequently.

As for feeling worse, it can take a while for the pain medication that is used during and after surgery to leave your system. I think that is why you may have felt worse the second, third, and fourth days. Try not to get frustrated, recovery has its ups and downs.

I hope you are feeling better now!
Unread 12-15-2010, 08:07 AM

Thanks Ladies I am calling the doc about the on and off fever today.

mar05 yes that is exactly how I am always on the go and having a heard time not going LOL
Unread 12-15-2010, 10:54 AM

Doc said it is normal to have a temp up to 102 after surgery. Said to call if it gets higher then that. IDK seems high to me.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register