Atrophy and bleeding | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Atrophy and bleeding Atrophy and bleeding

Unread 11-09-2001, 02:20 PM
Atrophy and bleeding

Hi. I am now 7 months post op, kept the ovaries, and now doc tells me I have vaginal atrophy. He gave me vagifem and I followed the directions he gave, so I am now taking it only twice a week. Big problem today. Dh and I were having fun and then the next thing you know, it hurt and I actually jumped. We stopped and I was bleeding. Dh was about ready to rush me to the doc or the ER. I told him we should just wait and see if the bleeding sticks around. I had to put on a PAD! Is this common? I am not not used to bleeding anymore!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2001, 02:34 PM
Atrophy and bleeding

NeeNee I couldn't tell from your post if you had an abdominal hyst or a vaginal one? Either way at 7mths you should be 3/4 of the way healed and bleeding does sound slightly out of the ordinary, I would call your gyn's office and mention it for sure, and if the bleeding doesn't stop a trip to your local clinic or ER is not out of the question.........

until then put your feet up and try not to worry.....it could be nothing but do call the dr and double check ok? (I had this but it was at two months and abit post op and it was our first time after the hyst).
Unread 11-09-2001, 02:42 PM
Atrophy and bleeding

Hi Gidge! I had TAH. I convinced Dh that I am going to call the doc tomorrow and I will try to be seen then too. I just don't feel comfy seeing someone other than my doc, I'm sure you understand this, as you have been through seeing other doc before, as I have read your posts. How are you doing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2001, 02:47 PM
Atrophy and bleeding

I am still healing from my surgery three weeks ago, but there has been some improvement in my pain, which is promising!! The dr had to leave alot of adhesions behind.......so we're hoping for the best!

please do call your dr tomorrow, I suppose it could do with the atrophy but I can't see that causing enough bleeding to have to wear a pad.....just take it easy and keep us posted ok?
Unread 11-10-2001, 06:33 AM
Atrophy and bleeding

Gidge, I hope you will keep improving everyday. As for me, the bleeding is now almost gone... More like spotting. I'll put a call in to the doc. I actually needed to go and BUY regular pads last night! I thought I was through with that! I'll keep you posted. s
Unread 11-10-2001, 08:33 AM
Atrophy and bleeding

Vaginal atrophy is a real pain. After I had my surgery I was unable to take estrogen. Lack of estrogen decreases bloodflow to the vaginal region and makes the tissue weak and easy to tear. Sounds like your "action" may have caused a tear and that can bleed a lot more than you would think. I am not familiar with Vagifem but hopefully that will help. Now that I have been on Premarin cream for about a month, the atrophy is gone and I don't feel like it is going to rip all the time!

debbie :dragon:
Unread 11-12-2001, 08:39 AM
Atrophy and bleeding

Well, I got through the weekend. The bleeding/ spotting stopped. I am using the Vagifem 2 times a week now, and after this incident, I'll be calling my doc today. Vagifem is an estradiol tablet you insert in the vagina with an applicator. I have had no trouble using it, this was the first time I had any pain/ bleeding from the atrophy since starting the Vagifem.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register