might not get my hyster because of my age!(very upset) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

might not get my hyster because of my age!(very upset) might not get my hyster because of my age!(very upset)

Unread 12-21-2010, 11:35 PM
might not get my hyster because of my age!(very upset)

So the past couple days i have been playing phone tag with the general surgeon to get an appointment. Then today i had a visit with my regular gyn because the nurse wouldnt refill my vicodin.My visit with the doc went well he have me my script we discused the type of surgery i would have when he hits me with i should be able to do it on the 11th of jan okay great news super happy aside form the fact that its on my sons first b-day, its alright he wont remember. So then he tells me not to get too excited because my insurance might not cover it because of my age im 24. So if my insurance doesnt cover it what the (BLEEP!) am i supposed to do?? i even questioned him about it, i was said you have 3 years of history to give them with a laundry list longer then my arm of the issues i had! Are you Bleeping kidding me?!!! So i spoke with the nurse who deals mostly with the insurance companys and she said i cant tell you anything other then i am gonna advocate for you and do my best but sometimes they couldnt care less what problems you have and they just wont cover it. So tomorrow i will be finding out ,seriously i cant believe this. I have been on pain killers for 3 months now! i cant do this any more i have a family to take care of and yes i am 24 i would like a 24 yr old! i am so tired of the pain and the horrible periods and the constant worry of leaving my house because i may have one of my terrible waves of pain that render me to the floor. This is not living i wouldnt wish this on anyone. My husband said he doesnt care and that he would rather us be in debt then me be in pain. My mom and dad said they would hire a lawyer so i could fight them. But the point is i shouldnt have to,
URG i am so MAD i could spit nails!!!!!
okay i feel a tiny bit better
-ash
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-22-2010, 12:57 AM
Re: might not get my hyster because of my age!(very upset)

i am sure once they see your history that they will pay, i had a scare during my hospital stay as the doc said my insurance wouldn't pay for my second day (uncontrollable pain) as it was my option....grrr, they paid, no problem though
Unread 12-22-2010, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by byrdie311 View Post
...the constant worry of leaving my house because i may have one of my terrible waves of pain that render me to the floor. -ash
I feel for you, I get pain like that too.
Do you take an NSAID with the vicodin? Finding out that it's ok to take a narcotic with an NSAID (stagger the dose times) has been a lifesaver for me.

Hehe, this place is great for venting. There's always a sympathetic ear around

Best of luck to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-22-2010, 06:24 AM

I'm so sorry you have to deal with the added stress of ins company. I am laying in bed in pain right now and am so looking forward to surgery day! I know how upset I would be if I had to wait and see if ins decided if they will cover it! I'm so glad you have a supportive family behind you and you have your Hyster sisters too =)
Unread 12-22-2010, 06:43 AM

I am pretty sure the insurance will pay once the doctor tells them why you are having the surgery. I would not get to upset about it. Don't get discouraged if they ask for to get a second opinion. It will all work out!
Unread 12-22-2010, 09:05 PM

Most Dr.s can write the reasoning for surgery in such a way that the insurance company will approve it. I'm sure yours will be able to as well.
Unread 12-22-2010, 11:50 PM

I called the office today to see what the insurance decided and the nurse told me that they had to fax over my all my records and the insurance company would have another doctor review my records and decide.I dont get it i thought this was why i saw a second opinion doc a couple weeks ago.
anyways she told me yesterday i should find out if i will get my surgery today,then today she told me i wont find out untill jan first. I know its not their fault this is happening i am just frustrated. i dont know how i am supposed to prepare if i dont even know if i am getting the hyst,URG
Unread 12-23-2010, 06:08 PM

I'm sorry for what you are going through and I hope this gets worked out. It's great to find even a doctor who understands but now you've got to fight insurance, hopefully everything will work out.
Unread 12-23-2010, 06:58 PM

Thankyou ladies!!! i know that i have alot of support here at home which is wonderful but then again none of them have had or is having the surgery or having to deal with the pain iam in so its nice to come here and know you all truly understand what i am goning threw. In the mean time i am just gonna plan like i am having the hyst and not worry about the insurance untill i cross that bridge, its too close to the holidays to be stressing. I am already having a hard enough time with the holiday season becasue of my inlaws passing it been hard to really get into the holiday spirt and such. My husband,kids and myself are gonna be attending a christmas party on the 30th which is gonna be real hard becasue my husbands aunt all look and sound like my mother in law. I am so not ready for that yet but i am gonna have to suck it up for the kids ya know!
anways thanx again for letting me vent i think my head would explode if i couldnt come here and get it out!
-ash
Unread 12-23-2010, 11:43 PM

Byrdie311,

I understand the stress! I'm 23 and having my hysterectomy in less than a week. So, rest assured, people as young as us do get approved. Also, knowledge is confidence for me, so it helped me to call in to my insurance company and ask the following questions (provided by my doctor). It was really just for my peace of mind. Be sure to note the date and name of the person you talk to in case they give you any trouble down the road:

Does a hysterectomy require preauthorization? (This is the doctor's responsibility usually.)

Does being admitted to the hospital (staying overnight) require precertification? (If so you can then make sure the hospital does that for you.)

Is the hospital where I'm having the procedure in my network? Is the surgeon?

What copays will I owe? How much is left to pay for my out-of-pocket expenses?

Hope this helps ease your mind!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register