3 weeks post op ... I feel so much better | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 weeks post op ... I feel so much better 3 weeks post op ... I feel so much better

Unread 12-22-2010, 04:25 PM
3 weeks post op ... I feel so much better

I had my surgery Dec 2/10 the surgery was supposed to be vaginal hysterectomy, with a bladder sling, but there was a nasty fibroid stuck and the uterus wouldn't budge. So my surgeon did not waste anytime and he gave me a nice bikini cut and finished the surgery through my incision. Needless to say my surgery took a lot longer and I lost a bit of blood. My hemogloblin was down to 85, but I had blood test yesterday and it's up to 110 !!!
When I finally came to after the surgery I was in such a FOG, it would have been nice to have someone stay with me, even though the nurses were awesome! It's always nice to have that special someone with you.
I thought after my bladder sling that my bladder would never be the same again, but today...almost 3 weeks post op I saw the surgeon and I had my sub-pubic catheter removed, oh what a relief to have that removed !
So here I am 3 weeks post op, I never thought I would get here, but yes there is a silver lining of hope, I FEEL VERY GOOD NOW!.
I know there is still more healing taking place, but I am so glad I had this surgery.
Take care girls and just let your body tell you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-22-2010, 04:51 PM
Re: 3 weeks post op ... I feel so much better

how did you get your iron levels up so quickly, were you on supplements? my iron went down to 71 and after 3 weeks I was at a 94, taking lots of supplements but I want to stop taking them as they make me nauseous. Glad you are feeling better, I have started feeling better teh last few days as well, I ended up having bikini cut due to two hiding fibroids as well All the best
Unread 12-22-2010, 05:19 PM

I am taking Palafer Iron pills (taken at night, with no side effects) I eat lots of dark green veggies and drink lots a fruit juices. Also I have taken up eating more than my usual red meat. Liver pate is great for boosting your levels. I am also taking multi-vitamin, B12complex, 5000 units of vitamin D, beta carotene and fish oils. Like I said I feel so much better. Plus I am not lying around, I get up shower, dress and weather permitting I am outside. I have been getting tired, but again my body will tell me...ok go and lie down. Best of luck ! Cathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-22-2010, 05:56 PM

I am taking Palafer too and green leafies and eating a lot of red meat, so maybe my levels are coming up higher than the doctor told me I could expect, because yesterday I walked for 40 minutes and went shopping and out with friends and didn't feel like collapsing. I was taking 3 palafer a day but have been taking it down to one or two, do you mind if I ask how many you have been taking? What level are we trying to get to? No one explained that to me. thanks, keep keeping on!
Unread 12-22-2010, 06:04 PM

Hi, I only take one palafer at bedtime. I am trying to get over 130 and I am sure this way I can do it. It sounds like you have a positive outlook on life, getting out with the girls, things like that really help boost your happiness and healing spirits. Keep up the good work !
Unread 12-22-2010, 06:17 PM

wow glad your feeling better and thank you for the glimpse of hope, i'm on day 8 and feeling just ok, i can't wait to get to that point...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register