Movies Today??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Movies Today??? Movies Today???

Unread 11-10-2001, 06:25 AM
Movies Today???

Hi Y'all! Don't you think it would be fine to go to the movies today?? (day9) I've been on the couch forever... I know sitting is an activity, but I could kind of scrunch down in the seat so I'd amost be lying down???Cindy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-10-2001, 06:40 AM
Movies Today???

I don't think I could've done it 9 days post op. Those are pretty tight spaces in the movie theaters, and the seats aren't the most comfortable I've sat in. Why don't you rent a couple of movies, pop some microwave popcorn, relax and enjoy the movies. I"m sure your living room chairs are much more comfortable than the theater seats. Personally, I'd wait a couple of weeks before sitting in the movie theater.
Unread 11-10-2001, 06:49 AM
Movies Today???

Hi there !

I have to agree with Catherine on this one. No way could I have lasted at 9 days post op. Then your family or friends you went with would have to leave early to take you home !

Good luck with your decision !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-10-2001, 08:26 AM
Movies Today???

Yep I have to agree with 'nut and Catherine. I definitely did not feel like going to the movies where I may be inadvertently elbowed in the tummy. But more so, I knew I would not be comfortable sitting like that for 2 or 3 hours. No way. (If you scrunch down in the seat far enough to be comfortable, you probably won't see the movie screen)

Don't get me wrong - I, too, was ready to jump out of my skin with cabin fever after 2 -3 weeks, but I opted to take a walk outside with my DH and enjoy the movies from the video store at home.

But, hey! You might do just fine. Let us know what happens.
Unread 11-10-2001, 09:09 AM
have to agree with others

Hi,
I know it is not what you want to hear BUT I have to agree with the other on this one. Not only will sitting for 2 hours be uncomfortable BUT what about all the people climbing over you to go to the bathroom or get more popcorn? Or even you having to get up and go to the bathroom? I was moving soo slow that the commercials were over by the time I got back to the bed or couch and had missed some of the show! At least if you go out and rent movies you can pause when the urge hits you!, And I don't know about others but my nerves were on a short fuse and lots of noise and distractions would really aggravate me. With my luck, I would get the screaming baby or the person who talks through the whole movie sitting behind me!!! Plus you can watch ALL those "girl" movies that the men in our life think are too silly! You can have your own candy, popcorn and drinks from the comfort of your recliner or couch or bed and can laugh out loud or cry all you want!!
Wow now I want to go to the movie store! I think I may scream if I see one more football game!!!Take it easy and rest now. In a few weeks you may feel more up to a visit to the theater but now is a little soon.
Happy watching!!!!
Unread 11-10-2001, 09:15 AM
Movies Today???

I would rent a movie. I went out to dinner (sat for about an hour) and small shopping (about 20 min of slow walking or browsing. I did not push the cart) at 13 days post op and was sore when I got home. You can't always recline in the movie seats comfortably and besides who wants to take a risk and bump in to someone when trying to get up in the dark if you need a break. I'd stay home.
Unread 11-10-2001, 09:16 AM
I tried that.

I think I was 12 days, we went to dinner (ok, so it was a drive-in hamburger joint) and a movie. I spent the next two days in be recuperating. Like you, I felt "it is just sitting" but it DID wear me out.
Unread 11-10-2001, 09:21 AM
Movies Today???

Go to the movie! If you really want to go, prepare yourself for being very tired afterward. I am the kind of person that after a couple of days of staring at walls, I go nuts. I went to a movie about 10 days post op and I was fine. Tired but fine. And it sure lifted my spirits being out and acting like a normal person. Milk duds helped too

Debbie :dragon:
Unread 11-10-2001, 09:23 AM
maybe a few more days

Hey Cindy. I went to my daughters swim meet 8 days post-op. Was only there about an hour and sat on a padded seat. Boy was I exhausted and sore when I got home. But I'm glad I went, it was parents night.

At 15 days I went to lunch with some friends (they drove). We were there for a couple hours. I was tired but not in too much pain. It really felt good to get out!

Maybe you could go to the movies during the week when it's not as crowded.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
Unread 11-10-2001, 02:27 PM
Movies Today???

Gosh - this is a tough one. I can sure sympathize with the "cabin fever" syndrome, but I remember some pretty awful days after I sat too long at the 3 week mark. I thought I was "all better" and could do everything short of flying around like Superman. Ouch!

I would be such a nervous wreck that someone would bump into me, elbow me, cough on me and make me sick, that I don't think I would relax and enjoy the movie. But, then, that is just me. I live in south Florida and we have huge and rude crowds of people wherever and whenever we go.

Remember, if you DO go, you are obligated to come back and type a full movie synopsis and review for the rest of us hystersisters. Movie?? What's that?

Barbara

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register