Anyone Wake up at night choking? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central


HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Reply

Anyone Wake up at night choking? Anyone Wake up at night choking?

Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 12-25-2010, 01:38 AM
Anyone Wake up at night choking?

Anyone Wake up at night choking? It used to scare me so bad!! I used to have this issue for about a year before I had my surgery. WELL!!! I just learned on Dr Oz the other day this CAN be a symptom of a hormone imbalance!! My Doctor never knew this, so I wanted to pass it on to you all!! He was sending me to sleep clinics and telling me I had sleep apena, I couldnt do the clinic it costs too much for me. Once I had my surgery and finally got my HRT balanced to the best of my ability, I have not had any issues in over 2 years!! I wanted to pass this on, I wish I knew this before myself..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Unread 12-27-2010, 07:23 AM
Re: Anyone Wake up at night choking?

I also saw on DR Oz that "swallowing issues" or a choking feeling could also be from thyroid imbalance...which is a hormone imbalance but I just wanted to throw that one out too....it can come from an enlarged overworked thyroid gland. Snoring can become a problem too as a result.
  #3  
Unread 12-29-2010, 05:22 AM
Re: Anyone Wake up at night choking?

I felt like I had a golf ball in my throat 24/7 for 14 months and was checked out for everything under the sun EXCEPT my hormones. Once I was prescribed estrogen...no more choking. Thank goodness!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Unread 12-31-2010, 07:30 AM
Re: Anyone Wake up at night choking?

  Quote:
Originally Posted by Presouz View Post
Anyone Wake up at night choking? It used to scare me so bad!! I used to have this issue for about a year before I had my surgery. WELL!!! I just learned on Dr Oz the other day this CAN be a symptom of a hormone imbalance!! My Doctor never knew this, so I wanted to pass it on to you all!! He was sending me to sleep clinics and telling me I had sleep apena, I couldnt do the clinic it costs too much for me. Once I had my surgery and finally got my HRT balanced to the best of my ability, I have not had any issues in over 2 years!! I wanted to pass this on, I wish I knew this before myself..
yes i have had that 6 months. i thought it was allergies. my p was zero. i am working at building that and estrogen up. I think its the comp. p that is helping it. two weeks into supplementing it was awful!!!!! yeah taking both v dot and comp. p both are starting to build. I'm printing this off and showing my dr. I get blood drawn again in a few weeks to make sure levels r going up
E was 22 p was zero. Thanks for posting thought I was losing my mind!!!!!
  #5  
Unread 12-31-2010, 07:32 AM
Re: Anyone Wake up at night choking?

  Quote:
Originally Posted by Tami Newman View Post
I felt like I had a golf ball in my throat 24/7 for 14 months and was checked out for everything under the sun EXCEPT my hormones. Once I was prescribed estrogen...no more choking. Thank goodness!
Tami,
I started my vdot and comp p and just the last 2-3 nights no choking or just slight. I'm going thru a resp. infection and sinus infection so my hormones are still low. Ive been on both hormones almost 2 weeks its taken that long but I have been sick with colds etc.
  #6  
Unread 12-31-2010, 10:04 AM
Re: Anyone Wake up at night choking?

  Quote:
Originally Posted by Presouz View Post
Anyone Wake up at night choking? It used to scare me so bad!! I used to have this issue for about a year before I had my surgery. WELL!!! I just learned on Dr Oz the other day this CAN be a symptom of a hormone imbalance!! My Doctor never knew this, so I wanted to pass it on to you all!! He was sending me to sleep clinics and telling me I had sleep apena, I couldnt do the clinic it costs too much for me. Once I had my surgery and finally got my HRT balanced to the best of my ability, I have not had any issues in over 2 years!! I wanted to pass this on, I wish I knew this before myself..
I saw the show too. I really enjoy Dr. Oz's shows. I too have the same problem, which I soon hope is rectified when my new labs are evaluated next Tuesday. I pray and hope they get my hormones balanced.

Also, in regards to your doctor wanting to send you to a sleep study; he just wanted to rule out a sleep disorder in the event you had sleep apnea and needed a cpap or bipap to assist with sleep. My gyn has had me on numeorus different HRT's past 3 years and he eventually had me go to a sleep study in July; which I passed with no obstructive or apnea concerns.
  #7  
Unread 12-31-2010, 10:11 AM
Re: Anyone Wake up at night choking?

  Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyanxious View Post
I also saw on DR Oz that "swallowing issues" or a choking feeling could also be from thyroid imbalance...which is a hormone imbalance but I just wanted to throw that one out too....it can come from an enlarged overworked thyroid gland. Snoring can become a problem too as a result.
Saw that episode too. Also, those symptoms, especially enlargement and swallowing issues should not be taken lightly, could be thyroid cancer.
  #8  
Unread 01-03-2011, 07:34 PM
Re: Anyone Wake up at night choking?

I missed this episode but would love to find it online. Could anyone direct me to the episode or link? I have been experiencing this for several months and it is really scaring me. Pls help if you can.
  #9  
Unread 01-03-2011, 07:58 PM
Re: Anyone Wake up at night choking?

  Quote:
Originally Posted by bentpuck View Post
I missed this episode but would love to find it online. Could anyone direct me to the episode or link? I have been experiencing this for several months and it is really scaring me. Pls help if you can.
Look on Dr. Oz's website for past episodes. You will have to do a search once on website.

http://www.doctoroz.com/
  #10  
Unread 01-23-2011, 08:06 PM
Anyone Wake up at night choking?

Ladies I can't find this episode on Dr oz site...pls help I can't take waking up in the middle of the night choking anymore.
Reply

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register




Thread Tools

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
From This Forum From Other Forums
1 Reply, Last Reply 10-10-2010, Started By kalimae7371
3 Replies, Last Reply 10-02-2010, Started By kalimae7371
15 Replies, Last Reply 06-30-2010, Started By daisyforest
2 Replies, Last Reply 01-12-2010, Started By hlbdogdayz
2 Replies, Last Reply 08-16-2008, Started By hmb33inky
2 Replies, Last Reply 06-27-2008, Started By love math
1 Reply, Last Reply 06-11-2008, Started By mklrdh78
4 Replies, Last Reply 03-04-2008, Started By wyldflwr623
3 Replies, Last Reply 01-30-2008, Started By mswanson502
3 Replies, Last Reply 06-21-2007, Started By carrot
9 Replies, Prayer Requests for Hyster Sisters
2 Replies, Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues
9 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
1 Reply, Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)
13 Replies, Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)
6 Replies, Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)
4 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
8 Replies, Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)
15 Replies, No Uterus - No Ovaries - No Hormones - Managing Menopause
3 Replies, No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause



Advertisement

Hysterectomy News

March 7,2021

CURRENT NEWS

HysterSisters Takes On Partner To Manage Continued Growth And Longevity
I have news that is wonderful and exciting! This week’s migration wasn’t a typical migration - from one set ... News Archive

TODAY'S EVENTS

Calendar - Hysterectomies - Birthdays


Request Information


I am a HysterSister

HYSTERECTOMY STORIES

Featured Story - All Stories - Share Yours

FOLLOW US


Your Hysterectomy Date


CUSTOMIZE Your Browsing  


$vbulletin->featuredvideos is not an array!
Advertisement


Advertisement