Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Dec 27-Jan 02,2011 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Dec 27-Jan 02,2011 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Dec 27-Jan 02,2011

Unread 12-27-2010, 04:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Dec 27-Jan 02,2011

If your hysterectomy was between Dec 27-Jan 02,2011 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns instead of including the question in your update! There is information on how to start a new thread in this link: New Here? or you can use this link: Post a New Topic in the Post-Op forum.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

We hope you are recovering well with plenty of rest and water and a bit of walking. Don't forget to pamper the princess!

How to use the Recovery Progress Reports thread:

• 1. This thread is for the purpose of sharing updates on your recovery as you heal from your hysterectomy.

• 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress and to share encouragement with your surgery week Sisters.

• 3. Remember to start a new thread on the Post-Op message board to ask your questions.

• 4. The Progress Report threads will be moved at approximately 8 weeks post-op to the Date Club forum inside the HysterSisters clubhouse.

• 5. Remember all the love and support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in the Pre-Op Hysterectomy Support forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of women helping women!

• 6. You can also share support and experiences with post-op members in all phases of recovery in the Post-Op Hysterectomy Support forum by replying on the new threads they create.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-27-2010, 08:00 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Dec 27-Jan 02,2011

Welcome to Post-Op Forum.

I remember coming home from the hospital and thinking what's next on the road to a new and better world. I had so many questions and feeling going through my head. It was great to have a recovery thread for my week of surgery so I could read what others had to say about their recovery.

The purpose of this thread is for you to post your progress and see how the other princesses that had surgery this week are doing. I will be spending time with you on this thread to keep you company and to help you by pointing out other resources.

You most remember inital recovery is 2 to 8 weeks, depending on the type of surgery and full recovery could be up to a year.

I will be checking in daily to see how everyone is doing and to point you to resources to help with your recovery.

Remeber to drink plenty of water, walk and take care of the .

I'm happy to be a part of your recovery and the start of new life.

Unread 12-28-2010, 06:58 PM

I had my surgery on Monday December 27. My doc did a Laparoscopic Hysterectomy for anemia, fibroid tumors and really painful periods to the point where it was affecting my life. He just took my uterus and cervix. I came home today and I am not hurting too much. Just a little discomfort (meds are awesome). More tired than anything else. So just relaxing on my couch for today. I am looking forward to feeling better in the future.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2010, 04:27 AM

I am 10 hours post op and resting amazingly very little discomfort. I had RAKHI with removal of remaining LEO. My Wonderful surgeon worked on me for 7hours! It was suppose to be a 3 1/2 he surgery, but I had the worst adhesions, endometriosis he'd ever seen and said it was the most difficult surgery he's performed in his 20 years of being a surgeon. I am very pleasantly surprised at how well I feel and very grateful!
Unread 12-29-2010, 04:35 AM

Sorry, I meant RALH
Unread 12-29-2010, 07:15 AM

Glad to hear you are doing good.

Don't forget to check out Post-op Checkpoint Weeks 1 & 2
Unread 12-29-2010, 09:29 AM

I had my TAH with tummy tuck yesterday, the 28th. All went well, was in surgery for 4 1/2 hrs. My doctor said my uterus was adhered to my abdominal wall (if I remember correctly) due to 2 c-sections, so she took exert time to remove it. She also said that probably contributed to my painful periods. She took my cervix and uterus but my Overies were fine so I still have them. Catheter was removed this morning and I have gone from the Morphine pain pump to percocet by mouth. My pain has been minimal since surgery. The worst pain was in the recovery room just after waking up. Once we had it under control, i have been comfortable. I will be in the hospital at least until Thursday. I have been up once to brush my teeth and try to pee. Other than dizziness, that went very well. My blood pressure has been low so we are monitoring that. My blood test also came back with a low red cell count this morning so they will be by shortly to recheck. I had some fresh fruit, coffee, and a few spoonfuls of cottage cheese and yogurt this morning so my appetite is starting to come back. But I'm still fighting a bit of nausea.
I will get up later to start walking, I'm actually looking forward to that, I'm getting sore just lying in bed :-). All in all I feel good and my nurse even said I'm moving around so well, as if I hadn't just had major surgery. Very encouraging.
I hope everyone else is recovering just as well as I am!
Unread 12-29-2010, 02:18 PM

I had a laparoscopic hysterectomy on 12/27. All went well. Doctor said my fibroids were very "tough" and hard to break up. NO pain in recovery. No pain in regular room. Had a pain pump but never used it. Nurse asked me if I knew how much that thing cost and did I want to waste it ?!? Uh, yeah, if I don't need it. Came home less than 24 hours later. Gas pain attacked my shoulder last night and was excruciating, but eased with a heating pad. Slept through and woke up okay this morning, but pain came back. Has completely disappeared again for now - hope it stays gone!
Unread 12-29-2010, 04:25 PM

Dr said I was doing so well today that he let me go home. Now I can get some real rest and sleep. Yay!
Unread 12-29-2010, 05:49 PM

I too am experiencing some bad gas pains. Little discomfort though in the surgery area. Glad to hear I am not the only one

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register