Scheduled TAH Does anyone know if you Bleed just after having a TAH?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Does anyone know if you Bleed just after having a TAH?? Does anyone know if you Bleed just after having a TAH??

Unread 12-27-2010, 04:54 PM
Does anyone know if you Bleed just after having a TAH??

Hi there,
I was just curious if you experience any type of spotting or bleeding vaginally after having a TAH?? I wasn't sure so I thought I would ask. I am scheduled for a TAH and Right Tube removal on this upcoming Mon Jan 3rd and someone had mentioned to me that I would need to use pads but that didn't make sense to me. Thanks[/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-27-2010, 04:58 PM
Re: Does anyone know if you Bleed just after having a TAH??

I've had no vag bleeding other than some very light spotting the day of surgery. But I am wearing a pad, just in case!
Unread 12-27-2010, 05:11 PM

Pad, no, panty linners yes. Just think of it this way, they are cutting inside you, you have some bleeding going on and it needs to get out some how. better to be safe with a linner, then a mess in your undies.

I had a TVH and had discarge for almost 5 weeks, Go and read some older posts from other surgery groups, you will get a good ideal of what to expect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-27-2010, 05:11 PM

I had absolutely no spotting or bleeding, although I was told to expect some.
Unread 12-27-2010, 05:30 PM

I had some spotting but heard of others that had a little heavier. I'd have both pads and liners on hand just in case. Nurses acted like it was unusual that my bleeding was so minimal.
Unread 12-27-2010, 05:36 PM

my surgery was 7 weeks ago and i never had any bleeding..
Unread 12-27-2010, 05:44 PM

I had a TAH and never had any "bleeding". I did have some discharge that started off as light pink with some streaks of darker pink, progressed to light brown. I wore pads for about 1-2 weeks, no knowing what to expect and then switched to liners.
Unread 12-27-2010, 05:58 PM

I had an SAH so I may be a bit different, but I had bright red blood the first time I went to the bathroom after the operation. After that, it settled to a slight discharge that was pink coloured. It lasted maybe a week and then nothing after that. The discharge was light enough that it wasn't on my pantyliner but it was on the toilet paper. Bring self-stick pads and your own panties (large size if they aren't super stretchy) to the hospital. I was really glad I had my own supplies.
Unread 12-27-2010, 06:09 PM

Wow, everyone is different in that respect, I am having a TAH and having everything removed plus my right Tube so i never imagined I would bleed or have spotting just because everything is coming out. Really weird and i forgot to ask my during my pre-op appt. Thanks for the info
Unread 12-27-2010, 06:23 PM

I had TAH and very light spotting for 1-2 days, then very light discharge-sort of watery and light pink/orange. I still have it 3 weeks now, but it is very faint, just to keep reminding me I am still healing.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register