too young for this... HELP | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - No Hormones - Managing Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

too young for this... HELP too young for this... HELP

Unread 12-28-2010, 10:12 PM
too young for this... HELP

my background: I am 32, just had to have ovaries and tubes removed due to personal high cancer risk. I fought TNBC breast cancer at 31 and chose not to chance it showing up again..married, no kids so it was to remove it was a TOUGH choice...now i am 32 and surgically/immediately in menopausal symptoms..help! and will not be taking HRT due to the risk...

I am completely not ready for any of this! I used to a long soak in a bubble bath to calm myself nightly and miss it already! I am 1 week out of surgery and cant sleep, hot flashes throughout the day and night (which i had both during chemo- so i do recognize it's hormonal) and I'm really bummed this is what i have to look forward to for HOW LONG? I have already had so much to tolerate to live since 07-2009 with numerous surgeries, 18 weeks of dose dense chemo and 8 weeks radiation...sorry to vent- i am truly asking for any and all help!! I am used to heat, honestly love it- I'm from Louisiana..but this is miserable!

Thanks so much!
Sweltering in "winter" in Louisiana
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2010, 10:33 PM
Re: too young for this... HELP

kcw-you poor thing! You have realy been through a lot. It is good that you came here, as you will see many others who have similar struggles. I feel for you especailly because you are so young to have such problems. I am 50 and though I had my ovaries out, haven't had a true hot flash yet (crossing fingers) I understand why you are not doing HRT- because of my mom's cancer doc did not put me on it yet, wants to wait and see. isn't there something they can do to make you more comfortable? Call your doc and keep posting here- I am sure others have more info than I do.
Unread 12-28-2010, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.c.w. View Post
my background: I am 32, just had to have ovaries and tubes removed due to personal high cancer risk. I fought TNBC breast cancer at 31 and chose not to chance it showing up again..married, no kids so it was to remove it was a TOUGH choice...now i am 32 and surgically/immediately in menopausal symptoms..help! and will not be taking HRT due to the risk...

I am completely not ready for any of this! I used to a long soak in a bubble bath to calm myself nightly and miss it already! I am 1 week out of surgery and cant sleep, hot flashes throughout the day and night (which i had both during chemo- so i do recognize it's hormonal) and I'm really bummed this is what i have to look forward to for HOW LONG? I have already had so much to tolerate to live since 07-2009 with numerous surgeries, 18 weeks of dose dense chemo and 8 weeks radiation...sorry to vent- i am truly asking for any and all help!! I am used to heat, honestly love it- I'm from Louisiana..but this is miserable!

Thanks so much!
Sweltering in "winter" in Louisiana
Dear K.C.W.,

You came to the right place for support and valuable information. I didn't have the same problem but I had a total hysterectomy due my CA-125 tests that came back elevated twice. I had severe pain for over 9 years and I didn't want to live with the unknown of cancer or endo making the false positive. I decided to have the procedure. Hang in there because you're not alone. There are here who you can lean on. Blessings to you and stay in touch. You are now a .

Sandra

LAVH/BSO (severe endo/andenomyosis on tubes, ovaries and uterus) pain free and feeling great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2010, 11:11 AM

Bless your heart. I know how you feel. I'm going thru the hotflashes and night sweats and sooo tired of it. It constantly interrupts my sleep and I work during the day. Sometimes I'm just so angry about all this crap I've had to go through and still going through. I feel like I'm having to know my body all over again. But, to do get through it I thank God I'm alive, and I will continue to fight for my life.
Unread 01-04-2011, 05:09 PM

You poor dear! I am so sorry to hear this. I am 37 and experiencing surgical menopause too...it's getting worse for me and I am nervous about taking hormones as my Mom recently was treated for breast cancer that was estrogen fed. I don't know what to do either. It's a constant battle and pain from my endometriosis is coming back.
Unread 01-04-2011, 06:03 PM

[quote=truth seeker;3371276]You poor dear! I am so sorry to hear this. I am 37 and experiencing surgical menopause too...it's getting worse for me and I am nervous about taking hormones as my Mom recently was treated for breast cancer that was estrogen fed. I don't know what to do either. It's a constant battle and pain from my endometriosis is coming back.[/QUOT

I feel the same way too about the HRT. I've heard about the side effects, and don't want any part of it. I'm going to look online to see about any natural supplements for the hotflashes. I wonder if they start to diminsh over time. I get at least 4-5 per night. They wake me up out of a dead sleep. That's what I don't understand. I thought since your body was at a complete rest, you would hardly get any or no hotflashes while you're asleep. It's just the opposite with me. It's like a party at night with my body.

I'm sorry to hear about your Mom and I hope she is doing better, and I'm sorry to hear about your recurring pain with the endometriosis. Keep me posted, and I'll let you know if I find any info on the natural supplements.
Unread 01-04-2011, 10:00 PM

Hang in there. It does get better. I had a TAH/BSO a little over a year ago. I still have hot flashes but they are at least easier to manage. I do acupuncture and Chinese herbs. It's not a fix all but it has helped.

Take care!
Unread 01-05-2011, 12:20 AM

I'm so sorry you're having a hard time with this. I had a TAH/BSO due to Adenomyosis and ppoly cystic ovarian syndrome in June. I also feel I'm "too young" for this. I turned 24 in September. I notice I have "spells" of hot flashes. Like for a week I will get them badand then not have them for a while. I have started taking one a day menopause and it has helped quite a bit. It gets better! Hang in there!
Unread 01-05-2011, 01:39 PM

How is your abdomen area feeling now since it's been a year. It's been 3 mos for me, and wondering how long it will take before the soreness stops. Thank you.
Unread 01-05-2011, 02:49 PM

Hi KWC, I can really sympathize with you. While I didn't have the actual breast cancer yet, I was in a situation with surgical menopause and determined no HRT due to thr risks. (I live in FL so I know the sweltering feeling! My hyster was in May- Summer was AWFUL!!) So anyway, I had a mix of stage 1 Endo cancer cells and pre-cancerous cells in my uterus that was the biggest reason for my hyster. They didn't confirm there were indeed actual cancer cells until after surgery as they were deep embedded in my uterus and the biopsy he did only came back with atypical hyperplasia. My CA-125 was elevated and I had PCOS. My mother had cervical and ovarian cancer at age 33, and breast cancer at 35 and again at 40. Her mother had breast cancer at 38 and again at 45. In addition to several other female relatives with all forms of female cancer. removal of it all was my best option. After my surgery I had my BRCA test done and as I figured it was positive. In the meantime I was hormone free and MISERABLE! My new doctor told me that I couldn't live like that, that yes I needed to prevent cancer and at that point mainly breast cancer (though you can still get ovarian, uterine and cervical even after they are removed if any cells were left behind) I left his office with a bag of samples of Vivelle dot and an rx and lab slip to have estradiol levels drawn in 4 weeks after being on the Vivelle. I came home and contemplated and cried and really debated and said to myself, I am a miserable being right now, I'm 30 years old, my skin is dried out and a mess, I am a hot flash mess, can't sleep, can't breathe because the hot flashes are suffocating me, I'm mean and irritable but cry over everything, I'm going gray and getting random facial hair. It was downright depressing just to look in the mirror! I went back to the dr 2 days later and sat down with his NP and talked about my worries and concerns and she had alot of logic to what she told me. I opted to use the vivelle. And we came up with a plan- I have to see an oncologist that specializes in breast cancer regularly and do breast MRI's every 6 months, I have to do self exams religiously and I have to never put those appointments off. For me this was a personal decision that I had to make after being miserable for 6 months. I have been on the Vivelle for about 2 months and the hot flashes are gone. I'm on a lower dose, but it helps. I tried alot of other things- Black Cohosh, soy, fans on me at night, all kinds of things. I was having chest pain and palpitations from the lack of estrogen as well, I just know that if I ever have a concern all I have to do is stop using the patch. Its easier to deal with than to have your ovaries removed so I feel like I have more control of it in that sense.

I know you may not be willing to consider the HRT route, I was determined not to and I had not gone through Chemo and radiation and cancer prior like you have, so this has to be a horrible time for you Everyone is different in what works for them, soy or cohosh may help you. It didn't for me. I was in a constant hot flash as I called it and I guess those did lessen it some. If you can't find relief talk to your doctor about possible low dose hrt to get you through the transition, or a plan like mine that may be adequate at monitoring you. I am currently really considering the prophalyctic mastectomy and reconstruction just to help ease my worries of not if but when. I've got to recover from complications from the hysterectomy first though. Whatever your decisions I wish you the best and hope you can get relief.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register