Teachers | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 12-30-2010, 09:05 AM
Teachers

I know that there are other teachers on this site. I was wondering when you all went back to work and how it was when you returned. I teach 8th grade, so there is a lot of movement etc in my room. When did you return and what was it like? Did you go back too soon? I am trying to figure out if I will be okay to go back next week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-30-2010, 09:40 AM
Re: Teachers

I teach Kindergarten and am taking the full 6 weeks! I had an abdominal hysterectomy, incision is 10 inches long. Take all the time that you need and don't feel guilty for it!
Unread 12-30-2010, 09:47 AM

I have an appointment with my doc next Wednesday, so we will see how it goes. I want to go back so badly, but know as of now I would not be able to do it. Maybe I could start with going in for 1/2 of the day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-30-2010, 03:55 PM

I teach high school. I had my LSH on Dec 16. I am taking the month of January off because I want a full recovery...
Unread 12-30-2010, 04:43 PM

I teach pre-kindergarten. It is a half day program so I have to teach twice a day. My doctor told me she wants me to take all the time that she gave me due to the fact that it is not a desk job. She also said that my kids are right at the level of my scar and it might not be so great to go back too soon. I had a TAH with a horizontal scar with the removal of my uterus, left overy with a 650 cc cyst and removal of my appendix. My surgery was on December 7th and I am off until February 7th. Thankfully my school district has a sick bank where I will get paid for the entire time.
Unread 12-30-2010, 05:48 PM

Hi, I A high school teacher and I feel like a slow learner right now! I am 20 days post LAVH with Endo and adhesions cleaned up and bladder treated for IC. I really did think i would be fine by now, lol! I didn't have any idea it would take longer to heal from this than my 2007 lap for Endo. I am now planning to take at least two mor weeks and maybe even all six. I am only a third year teacher and I am not able to teach sitting down or somehow modify how I do my work.
Unread 12-30-2010, 06:58 PM

I teach K-8 music at three different schools and went back to work and two Christmas pageants 3 weeks out of LAVH/BS0 surgery. I felt wonderful and had lots of energy, but it's now taken its toll on me. I am exhausted, my family Christmas was low-keyed and I have little energy. I know for sure I should have stayed out the full 6 weeks, even with lap surgery.
Unread 12-30-2010, 07:19 PM

I teach 8th grade and I am going to take off 4 weeks exactly. I had hoped to go back when the students return from the break on 1/5, but my doc said no. I am constantly on the move and on my feet, so it is a demanding age (aren't they all though!). I am feeling good at home but when I do light shopping or housework I get tired and sore.
Unread 12-30-2010, 08:50 PM

I teach 1st grade and am scheduled to return to work on the 11th. Today is day 16 after my visit and I have had one of my worst days. Constant pain in my lower back and cramping. If i didn't know better I would be looking for FLO to make her appearance.
I can't sleep because my back is constantly hurting. I have been taking ibuprofen but a little bit ago I said forget that mess and went for my last two percocet. I am such a whimp, I am praying that this pain will go away. I know the doc won't be in tomorrow New Year's Eve and I don't want to go to the emergency room, not throwing up, no fever, no bleeding at all, just excruciating pain.
Pray for me ya'ss
Unread 12-30-2010, 09:57 PM

I am such a wimp, I am praying that this pain will go away. I know the doc won't be in tomorrow New Year's Eve and I don't want to go to the emergency room, not throwing up, no fever, no bleeding at all, just excruciating pain.
Pray for me ya'ss[/quote]

Wow!! Lots of teachers on here! It is good to hear about what you all are planning on doing/what you did. I hope going back after 4 weeks will work out. I would hate to go back and then realize I went back too soon.

imblonde: You are NOT A WIMP!! We all heal differently. I would still call your doc's office in the morning to at least get some more pain pills. They may be working in the morning or have someone who can get in touch with your doc. It may mean a few phone calls, but definitely worth it.

GOD BLESS TEACHERS!! =) I AM SO GLAD THAT YOU ALL ARE ON HERE!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register