Very Strange feeling in Vagina | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Very Strange feeling in Vagina Very Strange feeling in Vagina

Unread 01-02-2011, 12:59 PM
Very Strange feeling in Vagina

Okay, this is very strange. I was peeing, and felt like all of a sudden there was lots of air in my vagina. A very weird sensation/feeling. Now my belly feels kind of bloated. Am I just going out of my mind with paranoia or could this be a real issue???? Prior to all of this I was just sitting down on the computer, and I did feel some pain up in my vagina that lasted about 5 min. Not a cramp feeling, but a sharper pain. Now things just don't feel the same as they did prior to using the bathroom. Argh!! Don't know what it could be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2011, 01:20 PM
Re: Very Strange feeling in Vagina

Also, where my uterus use to be or even a bit lower, it feels heavy now. And there weren't any bubbles/farts coming out of my vjayjay, it just felt like all of a sudden there was lots of air in my vagina (a heaviness that happened). Way too strange to even try to explain. I'm gonna keep an eye on it and hope that the feeling goes away. If not, then I may put a call into my Dr tomorrow a.m.. That would be a strange call to have to make and to try to explain what it feels like. lol (can just imagine the office talking about that).
Unread 01-02-2011, 01:39 PM

My surgery was 11/5/2010. Things were going well until about 3 weeks ago when I started feeling intense pain again and weird things. Like you, I didn't want to be paranoid and my doc had just released me after doing a pelvic exam. I probably would've gone in sooner if Christmas and grandsons hadn't been on the schedule. I finally ended up in the emergency room 12/30 and a CT Scan showed an abscess right where my uterus was, pushing down on my bladder and my intestines and almost as big as the ovarian cyst that started my surgery back in Nov. I'm in the hospital now with a catheter draining the abscess and I'm on antibiotics. I wish I'd gone to see the doc at that first "strange" symptom I had. As people keep telling me, "You had a BIG surgery" don't take anything for granted. The nurses here are reminding that the doctors are My Employees - they need to answer my questions. Of course sometimes you don't know what I ask????but be as assertive as you can so you can get an answer that satisfies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2011, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seery19 View Post
My surgery was 11/5/2010. Things were going well until about 3 weeks ago when I started feeling intense pain again and weird things. Like you, I didn't want to be paranoid and my doc had just released me after doing a pelvic exam. I probably would've gone in sooner if Christmas and grandsons hadn't been on the schedule. I finally ended up in the emergency room 12/30 and a CT Scan showed an abscess right where my uterus was, pushing down on my bladder and my intestines and almost as big as the ovarian cyst that started my surgery back in Nov. I'm in the hospital now with a catheter draining the abscess and I'm on antibiotics. I wish I'd gone to see the doc at that first "strange" symptom I had. As people keep telling me, "You had a BIG surgery" don't take anything for granted. The nurses here are reminding that the doctors are My Employees - they need to answer my questions. Of course sometimes you don't know what I ask????but be as assertive as you can so you can get an answer that satisfies.
Seery19, I hope you recover well. You are right, the dr's are there for us. Without us they would be without jobs. I am laying down now and hoping things will be fine. So what type of symptoms did you feel? And what sort of pain level did you have, if any at all? Thanks.
Unread 01-02-2011, 02:55 PM

The reason I went to see my doc originally was because I was having bladder pain that knocked me to my knees. He sent me to an OB/Gyn that found the cancerous tumor on my ovary. A few weeks ago, when I went to the bathroom it seemed like that same bladder pain was starting to come back. As it turns it was! The cyst/tumor was pushing on my bladder now the abscess is. The pain was a lot of gastrointestinal pain but I was eating more so thought I was eating the wrong thing - but it really hurt when things got to rumbling around. Then there was just this brown cloud hanging over me, I couldn't be positive about anything but I let few people know that. My pain level was increasing to 5/6 or more. I started back taking vicadon and IBprofun which I had almost weaned completely off.

Yes, I hope this recovery starts going faster now, too. I have things I want to do!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register