Calling All Girl Scouts! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Calling All Girl Scouts! Calling All Girl Scouts!

Unread 11-11-2001, 01:36 PM
Calling All Girl Scouts!

Who all has a Girl Scouting memory to share? How long were you in Scouts? Anyone still friends with a fellow Scout?

I started GS when the 1st year was called "Pixies!" Now they have "Daisies" and up. I stayed in Scouting until I was about 13, but rejoined as an adult. I have been a Troop Leader, School Coordinator, Fundraising Chair, Troop Cookie Mananger, and I also was a Unit Leader during summer camps!

I always loved the cookie sales...and strived to sell as many as possible! It was not a competetive thing...it was a troop effort and the money we raised always went for a totally awesome reward! The cookies are great, too!

I think my best memories are tied between the cool things we made...some Christmas ornaments that I still have! And the Samoas we made when camping! Yum! Can you tell I LOVE chocolate?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-11-2001, 02:31 PM
Calling All Girl Scouts!

I loved girl scouts. My best friend and I were in scouts from Brownie days till we were about 13 also!

I always loved girl scout camp! Singing around the camp fire, making samoas, learning to use a bow and arrow! Getting those badges!! And of course, "flying up" to the next stage. Great memories!
Unread 11-12-2001, 12:00 PM
Calling All Girl Scouts!

I, too started Girl Scouts when I was in Kindergarten ( I won't share what century that was!) and stepped away when I started Junior High. My mom was our leader and my favorite memory was having the meetings at our house! My mom always had the best crafts and badge activities! I also loved establishment camp when I was older and camping as a troop.

When my daughter started school, the first thing I signed up for was her scout troop as assistant leader. I was a single mom at the time, working full time in a job that required me to travel about 3 days a week out of state. The one thing I never missed was Girl Scouts! I loved our meetings and being involved with her troop.

My favorite memory as a leader was after I remarried and I was about 6 1/2 months pregnant with my son, we took the girls on a weekend camping trip about 3 hours from home. One of our girls got into BIG time trouble and we had to call her parents to come get her about midnight. Well, add a few hours to that and you know the leaders were up all night! After everything settled down, it was just about time for the rest of the girls to wake up and start the campfire. I was dying for a cup of coffee and our girls went to great lengths to heat the water, find my decaf crystals and make me a cup of coffee - all by themselves - before they did anything else! Seems pretty small now but at the time I cried at their thoughtfulness all day!

It's interesting - I still see these girls out and about - school, church, summer sports, shopping - and I still consider them "mine".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2001, 03:41 PM
Once your girls...ALWAYS your girls!

Me too, Kris! All of the girls from my troop will ALWAYS be near and dear in my heart!

Ashleigh is still great friends with a lot of them...three of them and her are all bestest friends...have been since that first year! I LOVE that...shows that my DD values true friendship and is forming those special bonds already. (My other DD has a "new" best friend each week...discards them like trash and I am always on her case about it!)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register