HRT after cancer....help | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

HRT after cancer....help HRT after cancer....help

Unread 01-09-2011, 11:37 AM
HRT after cancer....help

I recently had a total abdominal hysterectomy because of uterin cancer. I am now really concerned about hormones. It has been 11 days since the surgery and no problems at all yet but I'm nervous.

Especeially concerned about bone health, aging and mental well being. My Dr. seems hesitant to give me estrogen because of the cancer.

Anyone out there had cancer and opted for HRT? Any other non HRT remedies that may have helped?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-09-2011, 12:03 PM
Re: HRT after cancer....help

hi friend. I had endometrial cancer stage 1 with a davinci robotic surgery in october. I was spotting post menopausal...and had everything removed during surgery. My oncologist did not recommend any type of hormones because of the cancer, and because i was going into POST menopause. I have dealt with unbelieveable hot flashes in the month or so after surgery..being told that even tho i was almost thru menopause and my ovaries were not producing the same amount of hormones i would start the hot flash thing again for awhile. I have noticed since october they have lessened.
My emotions are still there, i can cry at the mention of anything. But i think it has to do more with the diagnosis than the hormones.
On the advice of many of the wise and more experienced sisters here, who have gone before me, i am taking it one day at a time. And not pushing anything! I am trying to let my body tell me when its time to rest, and when its time to calm down. And i really am trying to keep my emotions in check. Very hard to do, when i contantly think, "what if"........
I hope you feel better soon. You are very very early out from surgery. Give yourself time to heal. Its so important!
Unread 01-10-2011, 09:49 PM

I take HRT and I had uterine cancer, stage 1. My oncologist wasn't very interested in giving it to me, then he referred me to another onc in the practice who said there have been 4 studies about HRT with low grade uterine cancer and it's found to be safe. I then switched to an MD that wrote one of the papers on the study. I was using estradiol, and now I'm trying the vivelle dot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2011, 08:12 AM

By any chance do you know how I can find the articles on those studies? I also had Stage 1 and would like to try a low dose of estrogen. Do you know what dose of the Dot you are using?
Unread 01-11-2011, 10:59 PM

I'm taking Vivelle dot 0.05
This is the link to the study my MD participated in.
http://www.cancernetwork.com/display...68368?verify=0

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register