Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jan 10-Jan 16,2011 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jan 10-Jan 16,2011 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jan 10-Jan 16,2011

Unread 01-10-2011, 04:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jan 10-Jan 16,2011

If your hysterectomy was between Jan 10-Jan 16,2011 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns instead of including the question in your update! There is information on how to start a new thread in this link: New Here? or you can use this link: Post a New Topic in the Post-Op forum.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

We hope you are recovering well with plenty of rest and water and a bit of walking. Don't forget to pamper the princess!

How to use the Recovery Progress Reports thread:

• 1. This thread is for the purpose of sharing updates on your recovery as you heal from your hysterectomy.

• 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress and to share encouragement with your surgery week Sisters.

• 3. Remember to start a new thread on the Post-Op message board to ask your questions.

• 4. The Progress Report threads will be moved at approximately 8 weeks post-op to the Date Club forum inside the HysterSisters clubhouse.

• 5. Remember all the love and support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in the Pre-Op Hysterectomy Support forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of women helping women!

• 6. You can also share support and experiences with post-op members in all phases of recovery in the Post-Op Hysterectomy Support forum by replying on the new threads they create.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2011, 03:30 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jan 10-Jan 16,2011

I'm home! LSH, laporscopic, very sore, doc said he cleaned out some adhesions too. It is good to be home :-) hope everyone else has such an uneventful surgery. Now let the healing begin.
Unread 01-10-2011, 04:55 PM

It's great to hear that you're home. Now just remember to rest rest rest
I hope that your recovery is smooth with no complications.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2011, 05:03 PM

Welcome to Post-Op Forum.

I remember coming home from the hospital after my surgery ( even though it was a few years ago ) and wondering what the first weeks would be like. I had so many questions and feelings going through my head. It was great to have the other ladies recovering with me to share questions, concerns and ideas with.

The purpose of this thread is for you to post your progress and see how the other ladies who had surgery this week are doing. I will be spending time with you on this thread to keep you company and to help you by pointing out other resources.

Please remember initial recovery is 2 to 8 weeks, depending on the type of surgery and full recovery could be up to a year.

I will be checking in often to see how everyone is doing and to point you to resources to help with your recovery.

:
Unread 01-10-2011, 06:32 PM
Robot Surgery This Morning

Had robotic hyster this morning - staying overnight - feel OK! Of course...I'm not jumping...yet!

Once the anesthesia wore off - feel pretty normal - 2 tiny incisions and it's sore when I move - been sitting up in a chair since 5 pm EST (now 8:30 pm). On the Internet with my laptop and life is fine!

Who would have thought...and I'm sure I'll be a tad more sore tomorrow...but for day 1...
Unread 01-10-2011, 06:36 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jan 10-Jan 16,2011

This Sister just woke up from anesthesia two hours ago. I'll be at the caste until tomorrow. Surgery went well. My dVh/bso lasted a little over two hours. I felt yucky when I woke up --Nauseus, crampy, and with a sensation of having to pee (the catheter that is in until morning, I guess) and poop. I was given something in my IV for nausea and something for pain. I'm here in my room, maybe a 2 on the pain scale.

I slept through most of the day but the parts I remember weren't bad. I'm doing well for just a few hours out.

My Gyn Onc said that he found no cancer and that it would be less than a 1% chance that any would show up on pathology. Yay!

Congratulations to all of us brand new Princesses and good luck to you upcoming ones!
Unread 01-11-2011, 01:01 AM

I am home!!! My doc was able to perform TAH/BOS with the Davinici. I came out of surgery feeling groggy, but not bad. My surgery was at 11:30 and I was home by 5 pm!!!! Feeling tired and weak, but not bad at all. With the weather being as terrible as it is (8 inches of snow in Chattanooga) I was so glad hubby has 4 wheel drive, it was a challenge to get to the hospital and then back home. But all is very well. I am so thankful that the mass was not cancer. I feel like a very blessed princess today :-)
Unread 01-11-2011, 06:26 AM

First night sleep was okay, hubby snored which is what kept me up most of the time. Took last pain meds at midnight, pain level 2, I feel like I have to go #2 but I'm scared. I've been taking stool softeners up to the day before surgery, so hopefully it will be uneventful.

I am still amazed that I feel this great, laporscopic is amazing, the doctor told me I could drive today! I am not, but he said I could, I can shower tomorrow, and if those sex hormones go full throttle I can have outercourse in 2 weeks! Yippie!

I hope my sisters are progressing well. Take it easy!
Unread 01-11-2011, 06:57 AM

The morning after and I am feeling good. Once the anethsia wore off I was not as groggy. I am up and moving, but not really doing anything, just wander around the house. Jump on the laptap for a bit. Then go back to bed and rest off and on. Hope my shared date sisters are doing well today!
Unread 01-11-2011, 08:13 AM

I'm home & soo glad surgery is over! Checking in quick & hoping to sleep the rest of the day away. Rough time staying asleep last night even with Percocet Sending all fellow post-op sisters hugs & good wishes!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register