Fibroid symptoms | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Fibroid symptoms Fibroid symptoms

Unread 01-10-2011, 11:01 PM
Fibroid symptoms

Hello All,

I am new here and am a little concerned as I am dealing with alot. I've been told I have fibroids size 16c. BUt my questions is are these all symptoms? Have you guys experienced this:

Head Aches
Lower Back Pain
Emotional roller coaster (Up then down, depressed)
Acne
Fatigue
Insomnia

If anyone can weigh in, i'd appreciate it. I have my surgery scheduled for March 24 and would like to know what i'll be dealing with.

Thanks,

Yihh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2011, 12:22 AM
Re: Fibroid symptoms

I had alot of pressure on my bladder and backache. Some of your complaints seem hormone related, did you check out those issues with you dr? I had a TVH, kept ovaries, and still suffer the hormonal headaches which sometimes just don't go away no matter what you do. I had the fatigue issues as well, but you never know for certain what causes that, as I had fibroids, prolapsed everything and recurring UTI's which were and are quite bad.
Unread 01-11-2011, 07:09 AM

I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you wondering if those symptoms will be resolved if you have the surgery? Are you trying to decide if you should have the surgery? I had 35 fibroid tumors in my uterus, and it was the size of an 18 week pregnancy. So I know a lot about fibroids. I just want to make sure I understand your question....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2011, 07:48 AM

you might want to get your thyroid levels checked as well, too many people overlook thyroid issues!
I had a smaller fibroid that was causing cramping, lower backaches and sent pain shooting down my leg during walks, driving, etc...
that pain is gone now (7wks. post op)!
Unread 01-11-2011, 11:14 AM

I also had a lot of pressure on my bladder, was always on the go. Constant fatigue from being anemic. 3 weeks of cramps followed by an even worse period. Headache check, backache check. Good luck.
Unread 01-22-2011, 04:33 PM

Hi Yihh,

I also have a large fibroid (20cm and growing rapidly), hysterectomy scheduled for 16th March. I have had all of the symptoms you mention as well as pain/pressure on bladder and bowel. I often get a different set of symptoms every day, never quite know what the day will bring.

I'm just hoping that once the op is out of the way things will start to get back to 'normal', whatever that normal will be... Certainly I am expecting these symptoms to resolve and hope yours settle also. It is a rollercoaster ride, but by virtue of the fact the op is planned you are well on the way to it being sorted.

Jen
Unread 01-22-2011, 07:51 PM

I too have multiple fibroids, the larger they have grown the more I feel symptoms-especially a large amount of pressure on bladder (have to pee all the time ) and recently rectal pressure-never had that before My periods are also looonngg and very heavy. Some of the other symptoms do sound hormonal - discuss them with your Dr. My surgery is the 31st of jan. Good luck to you!
Unread 01-23-2011, 10:31 AM

Hi kat,

I get rectal and vaginal pain too, freaked me out at first but generally eases off. I currently get the most pain when have my bowels open, which can be really painful due to the presssure and cramping it puts onto the uterus.

I was surprised withe the bleeding - all the info I read said that the periods could be really heavy/clotty, but generally of normal length. I have only had 5 bleed-free days since mid October, some of them being lighter than others but a bleed nonetheless. It is reassuring to hear that this could still be normal and it still be a benign fibroid!

I also have Type 1 diabetes, and wasn't quite sure whether the other symptoms were a cause or effect of the fibroid/diabetes, as it has completely thrown my blood sugars out (this was actually the first symptom I had, even before bleeding/lump/pain etc). They are certainly hormonal symptoms, however the fibroid itself causes hormonal changes, especially as it grows larger.

Good luck for your surgery, not long to go now.

Jen

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register