Blood work normal but i dont fee normal! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Blood work normal but i dont fee normal! Blood work normal but i dont fee normal!

Unread 01-14-2011, 08:52 AM
Blood work normal but i dont fee normal!

Help! I have had a partial Hyst. in the summer of 2010. Its no January and I havent felt normal in the last 4 weeks. Anxious, nervousness, memory laps and bit of confustion, a bit depressed and moodiness. I just had blood work. All if it came back normal. Still waiting on the Estrogen levels. But my Gyno says that if the others are fine, typically the Estrogen is fine. I started to cry when the nurse told me. It doesnt make sence. I feel like im having constant PMS that wont go away. Can anyone shed some light on this. Can my blood work show that eveything is ok but still have hormone problems. Im desperate. I want some help and to feel better!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2011, 12:39 PM
Re: Blood work normal but i dont fee normal!

Hi,
Problem with testing is that test ranges are generally very broad and we all won't feel the same at a given level. Testing should be used as a tool to go hand in hand with your symptoms. If you're having symptoms, obviously something is not right.

What type of blood work did you have? Did you get a copy of your results? I always recommend getting a copy so you can see where you fall within the reference ranges. While maybe normal, perhaps you are on the low end and that is not optimal for you.

Unread 01-14-2011, 01:53 PM

I had the same problem, I felt awful & my bloodwork showed up as "normal", so my Dr. wouldn't prescribe anything to help, told me to "go home & be a good wife & mother."

The only thing I can suggest is trying another Dr. That's what I did, & found one who was open to treating my symptoms, not just relying on bloodwork.

Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2011, 06:59 PM

I was experiencing what you are: panic attacks, severe anxiety, confusion, etc. I had my hormone levels tested and they were in normal range. My doctor let me up my estrogen and it made all the difference for me. I've had to fiddle with it dome but I think I'm getting there. I use the Vivelle patch. I actually wear two at a time, a .1 and a .025. The .1 isn't enough for me.
Hope you get things worked out soon.
Unread 01-14-2011, 08:35 PM

I want to feel better but I worry about being on HRT and it doing more harm than good. How do you all feel about the pros and cons of HRT? How did you all handle it or didnt you?
Thank you for all of your imput. Its nice to know im not alone!
Unread 01-15-2011, 07:00 AM

I use hrt since my hyster. It is an important ingredient for my overall quality of life.

My "not feeling very normal" started hurting my family's wellbeing as well as my own (intense anxiety and depression)...and since there was no Hx of Ca in my family it made it an easy choice...and a necessary one.

Surgical menopause is not natural. It can be very very hard on a woman's body. HRT can replace the hormones that are "missing" because the body can no longer produce them in adequate amounts for optimal health. I believe it is really important for a woman's overall health.

Symptoms are natures way of "telling" you something needs attention.

I feel so much better on hrt than without.

Best of luck on making your choice...
Unread 01-15-2011, 10:53 AM

Well, I definitely feel better when I supplement with compounded progesterone cream. For me, I felt worse when I tried to supplement my estrogen, but that's just me. My Dr. suggested trying the progesterone cream when nothing else was working for me, & I finally got some relief. I have been on it for about 8 years now & have continued using it after my TVH. It's not perfect, but much better than without.

Your quality of life is imortant, so you have to do what's right for you. HRT really scared me too, but I feel better about being on the compounded prog. cream after I did alot of reading & talked with my Dr. about it.

Good luck!
Unread 01-15-2011, 02:23 PM

Well i just bought an over the counter pill called Estroven (spelling may be wrong) Does this really have estrogen in it? Has anyone anyone tried it and found that it helped? Thanks again!
Unread 01-17-2011, 01:18 PM

Ok my estrogen blood work came out normal. I wanna scream!!! There is no way! I feel to crappy for it to be normal!
Unread 01-20-2011, 05:31 PM
Blood work normal but i dont fee normal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulwinner View Post
Ok my estrogen blood work came out normal. I wanna scream!!! There is no way! I feel to crappy for it to be normal!
Hello. I was going thru the same "feeling crappy and not normal for 3 years. I am now 45. I finally went to the emergency room to check myself into a mental facility. It was very scary so I am sorry you are not feeling well. I finally researched doctors in the area that specialize in hormonal issues. I found a wonderful doctor that recommended compounded hrt. I alsomhad a hysterectomy 11/29/10. I am still recovering but I swear this doctor saved my life. We are still working with different formulas but I finally feel better after such a long time. I would recommend you finding a new doctor that can give you some better guidance. I know it is hard and it takes time but it will be worth it!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register