Thickened uterine lining, adenomyosis and endometrial cells on pap, help! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Thickened uterine lining, adenomyosis and endometrial cells on pap, help! Thickened uterine lining, adenomyosis and endometrial cells on pap, help!

Unread 01-24-2011, 08:08 PM
Thickened uterine lining, adenomyosis and endometrial cells on pap, help!

am 51 and have yet to see any signs of menopause. Three years ago my periods became nightmares with horrible pain and very heavy bleeding with large clots. A year ago after changing doctors, was given an ultrasound which showed thickened uterine lining. My doctor did a d & c with hysteroscopy and also found a large polyp. For the last year my periods have still been very heavy with lots of clots, but thank goodness the pain is much more bearable. Now, after having my annual pap smear I get the call that they found endometrial cells on my cervix that shouldnt have been there. The latest ultrasound shows adenomyosis and 2 fibroids. I will be having a biopsy in one week to check for endometrial hyperplasia. Can fibroids grow in one year? Can adenomyosis just appear over this short of time? Should I assume that my lining has continued to be thickened even after the d & c? Is all unusually thick lining considered hyperplasia? I am freaking out, here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2011, 07:01 PM
Re: Thickened uterine lining, adenomyosis and endometrial cells on pap, help!

suzq - I'm really sorry to hear how you're feeling. You've come to a great place for support. Take a deep breath and we will help walk through some of this with you.

The questions you have are best asked of your doctor when you are at your next appointment because they can answer in the context of your specific condition/medical file. If you don't feel confidant about the answers you get, or if you don't get answers, please seek out another opinion if that's at all possible. The more answers you get, the more comfortable you can feel with making a decision about treatment. It's important for you to have a doctor that you can "team up" with.

One place you may wish to visit to do abit of reading is the Articles section in the Alternatives page.

The general answer on your fibroid question is that yes, in some cases they grow quickly, and also sometimes if these conditions are minor they don't show up well on ultrasounds.

Please keep asking your great questions and reading up as much as you can. You WILL find the right answer, and the more time you can invest in learning about your own specific condition, the better. One step at a time, you will find your way through this. It's alot to get through but you can do it! And we'll help as much as we can!

Unread 01-25-2011, 08:56 PM

Thank you so much for the encouraging words. I am anxiously awaiting my biopsy and look toward getting some answers. Blessings!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2011, 11:09 PM

It is so hard to get through those waiting periods, waiting for 'the next test' and 'the next appointment'.

Here is a great resource database where you can search for Fibroids and Adenomyosis.

I hope you can do something kind and calming for yourself. Before you know it, you'll have your biopsy results in hand and will have more information to base the next decision on. Try to separate out the things beyond your control, and focus on what is (easier said than done of course!).

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register