Problems with intimacy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Problems with intimacy Problems with intimacy

Unread 01-28-2011, 01:23 PM
Problems with intimacy

Since I lost my mom a few years ago, and mom's don't tell what to expect, I find myself in new territory.
I had a complete hyst. at age 24. I have Never been on any hormones.
Now at age 62, I find relations with my hubby near impossible, due to fem. Shrinkage. Over the counter “stuff” is ok for lubricant but not for the smallness of well… ”down there”. The only med’s I’m on is oral diabetes pill. Am I alone out there or does anyone else have this problem??? If you do… what do you do? Help… I don’t want this part of my life to be over. Sisters, please help.
Molly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2011, 07:47 PM
Re: Problems with intimacy

Oh sweet what an age too loose your mum. As to your question I can't help really my sex life is on and off all the time. Me and my partner have been together 25 years soon. I am 40 had 2 children but have never heard of shrinkage. May be have a quiet chat with your gp there may be a reason for this
Unread 01-28-2011, 08:13 PM
Question - Problems with intimacy Re: Problems with intimacy

Debware87, thank you for responding...
I saw the Dr. today, told me to use the ususal lub's.
But that doesn't help if he can't get in! ?XZ
It has been just the last year, this has happened, Dr. suggested a over the counter natural hrt. I had 2 children natural delivery, so I don't understand what is going on.

Leave it to me to be different!
Thanks again,
Molly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2011, 09:24 PM
Re: Problems with intimacy

Mollyrose -

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues. As we age and go through menopause (either naturally or due to surgery) the lose of estrogen can cause vaginal atrophy. Sometimes the walls can thin and actually you can experience some bleeding due to tearing of the fragile skin. You may want to talk to your Dr. about vaginal estrogen.

I had one Dr. tell me that it is a "use it or lose it" proposition. That means that if you aren't having routine intercourse it could cause issues. Again the elasticity of the tissue isn't what it used to be without the hormones. She said once her patients went menopausal she gave them dilators. This way if they didn't have frequent intercourse they could keep things "open" and it wouldn't cause issues when they did become more intimate.

Some things to talk to your Dr. about.

I hope it helps.

G.
Unread 01-29-2011, 11:40 AM
Smile - Problems with intimacy Re: Problems with intimacy

Dear tauruslady,

Possible use it or lose it is the problem, hubby is disabled and it is not too often for the "use it", due to his multiple back surgeries. So can it come back? I will ask for the vaginal Estrogen cream.
Thank you,
Molly

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register