Hormones..Help Ladies? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hormones..Help Ladies? Hormones..Help Ladies?

Unread 02-01-2011, 06:36 AM
Hormones..Help Ladies?

I am 39 and had a total hyst on May 2010. I am doing fine with out hormones but...the Dr keeps wanting me to take them due to possible bone loss.

What should I do? There are risk factors either way...just confused. What if the hormones make me gain weight? Make me crazy and I have horrible side effects?

Just lost need some advice from ladies with experience with this!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-01-2011, 01:37 PM
Re: Hormones..Help Ladies?

There are so many benefits from keeping your estrogen level at a certain point - bone health, heart health, brain health, skin health, sexual health, urinary health, etc...

I had a hyster at 33 but left ovaries (which shut down soon after). My dr urged me to use estrogen at that point but I refused (stubborn)... I noticed a decline (slow) in urinary health, more prolapse, dry/thin skin, etc... Now that I'm on estrogen (post ovary removal), I see how badly things were without it. Wish I'd listened to my dr back then.

If you can check out the book: Screaming to be heard:hormonal connections women suspect but doctors still ignore - by Dr Elizabeth Vliet, she will give you lots of info to consider about using HRT.

The weight gain is usually due to imbalanced hormones and not from taking HRT. Bone loss is something to consider since you're still young. Sexual health is another... READ, read, read as much as you can so you can make an educated decision. It's your health, your body, your life.
Unread 02-01-2011, 01:45 PM

There are risks either way. For me the Dr put me on low estogen, the nightsweats/hotflashes and no sleep were unbearable,been on the patch for aweek and found it to help greatly. Ostioprosis runs in my family, I had a bone density test done and there was some bone loss. So for me this is the better choice. You have to weigh your options of what is best for you. If you decide to go with the hormones, if you have any symptomes, your Dr can adjust the doseage or change product, but you have to keep your Dr informed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2011, 06:43 AM

Thanks ladies! I think I am going to give Estrogen a try! Before my hyst my hormones made me a wreck...I was just scared to go back to that. I finally have control of my life and pain free.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register