Not Scheduled Any one in their 20s?(kids mentioned) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any one in their 20s?(kids mentioned) Any one in their 20s?(kids mentioned)

Unread 02-01-2011, 12:11 PM
Any one in their 20s?(kids mentioned)

Is there anyone else here in their 20s? did you have a large struggle with your doctor over getting it done? I'll be almost 21 when i have my frist appointment with the OBGYN. I have yet to meet anyone who's argued with me that there really aren't any other logical options for me. even my regular doctor was at a loss for valid arguement. I feel like an absolute child in these fourms... But I'm in so much pain and I already have so much to deal with in life.. Its not easy to pick up a 40lb autistic toddler who's throwing a fit when your uterus is freaking out and your bleeding to the point of dizzyness. hormonal treatments won't work because my body reacts badly to them.

Any other ladies in their 20s? what's your story?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-01-2011, 01:25 PM
Re: Any one in their 20s?(kids mentioned)

I just had mine in December at age 23. I had to fight with doctors initially because there were a couple of other treatment options for me, things like ablation or laparoscopic endometriosis removal which were nearly guaranteed either not to work or to need to be repeated in my case.

I think you'll have an easier time since you already have a child. I don't have any (and don't want any) so I had to fight for two years before finally finding a doctor to do it. I've never felt better!

Turns out I had endometriosis, adenomyosis, at least one fibroid, and a very fragile uterus from chronic inflammation for who knows what reason. As a result of all of those problems, I had been dealing with constant bleeding (for nearly a year, even on birth control), constant pain, constant mood swings, etc.

If you can't get a hysterectomy, I'd recommend at least checking into ablation to help with the bleeding. It's not guaranteed, but it might be an okay stop-gap. That level of bleeding has to stop!

Good luck!
Unread 02-01-2011, 08:04 PM

I have adenomyosis so I'm not sure if an ablation would help >.<. Thankyou for sharing your story! It gives me some hope ^^. I don't want to be stuck suffering for longer then i have to just because of my age.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-01-2011, 08:34 PM

I've heard ablation doesn't help with adenomyosis pain. I haven't heard either way in terms of bleeding, though. Maybe somebody else can help with that question.

Praying you find a doctor who will give you the relief you need!
Unread 02-01-2011, 10:18 PM

hi, im ashley, im 24 and will be getting my hyster in about 2 weeks
i have 2 children, 3yr old and 1yr old.My babies ruined my uterus,well not so much the babies but the c-section. The scar tissue on my uterus went nutz and started attaching to other organs (intesintes to be exact) which casues a severe amount of pain. I had 1 lap done after my first son(Sheamus) to fix the scar tissue,they also ended up removing 1 ovarain cyct and the remains of a ruptured cyct. So now 1 year after Oliver was born i am in more pain then i have ever been in my life. Between the ovarian cycts and the scar tissue im lucky i can function! My doctor and i discussed doing another lap but his worry is that the amount of scar tissue will keep the surgery from being a success so we are removing my uterus and possibly one of my ovaries depending on how damaged they are. I told him no matter how bad they look one of them has to stay im only 24 i need my hormones! lol If i was the age of a menopausal women i would say good bye to both ovaries since the cycts are absolute hell! ive been battling them since i was 16 they are painful and make periods horrible but its when they burst that is the worst,literaly on the floor crying like a baby for an hour kind of pain. The worst part is if i were to go the hospital they wouldnt be able to do anything for me except pain med. So needless to say i am ready for this to be over with! It pretty bad when my poor husband has to help me walk and undress,its very embarrassing.
As far as my battle to get the surgery scheduled, that took me 4 months my doctor has been dealing with my issues for about 4 years now and knew it was time to take it out but my insurance is the one that gave me issues. First they wanted a second opinion which is understandable, then they wanted a new pap and then they said ok we will have one of our doctors review your medical history and decide,thankfully they aproved it! It took some time but by the grace of god i am on my way to a new hapy pain free life!
good luck with your journey! if your having issues with getting your hyster in order the first thing i would do is get a second opinion to help back your need for your hyster.
(HUGS)
-ash
Unread 02-02-2011, 08:10 AM

oh wow ashley! That had to be painful!. I had a c-section with my son and was able to have my daughter naturally but the bleeding and pain worsened after she was born, so god only knows what happened there.

Thank you for your story and If i run into problems I'll definetly willingly go for a second opintion. Luckily i live in canada so i won't have to deal with insurance companies.

my uterus is giving me hell this morning... blah.. can't even sit up straight T.T I can't wait to say goodbye to it for good...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register