12 yrs post op--sweating to death | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

12 yrs post op--sweating to death 12 yrs post op--sweating to death

Unread 02-05-2011, 08:50 AM
12 yrs post op--sweating to death

Ok gals, I think I am going to melt anyday now. I choose not to use any hormone relief since I felt this is a normal function for women ( even thou I had a surgical menopause) and I didnt like all the cancer chances. Well I have spent 12 yrs sweating to death. Didnt help moving to Florida...what a dumb idea!!! Now the new thing is not only sitting in living room and feeling like I cant breathe since I am soo warm but I am waking uo in the night SOAKING WET, not sweaty I'm talking hair soaking, pillow ( not just the case) sheets upper and lower, pj's. If I thought it was possiable I would swear I wet the bed and managed to soak my hair and everything...thats how wet I am. I have to get up and change clothes, pillows and usually put towels down on bed since hubbys still sleeping and cant change sheets..but then still have wet top sheet on me..its GROSS!!! Please help, what have you done..at this point I am ready to go with hormones!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-05-2011, 09:06 AM
Re: 12 yrs post op--sweating to death

I am only 2 years post and I understand the SWEATING!! Am seeing my Dr. on Monday. Hope to have some relief, will let everyone know.
Unread 02-06-2011, 01:08 PM

Did you know that women in natural menopause STILL produce up to 40% of the amount of hormones they produced pre-menopause? Surgical menopause is quite different, a real shock to our bodies.

I realize it's a personal choice to do HRT, but it really does help with the health of the following: brain, eyes, skin, sexual, urinary, heart, etc... I do not plan to ever give up HRT, though I may reduce the amount as I age...

I'd talk to your dr about possible options if you're this miserable...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2011, 06:08 PM

After all this time I know I need to go the HRT route. Problem is what?? I didnt want to spend 40yrs on HRT..but am seeing the results of not having any : I am drying up like an old tumbleweed haha.
So am looking for help in the best way to start. THANKS!!
Unread 02-06-2011, 06:18 PM

Talk to your dr about the best method for you. There are so many options out there. Oral, patches, compounded creams, gel, spray, vaginal ring, etc...

If it's been a long time (wow - 12 years!), I'd also ask for vaginal estrogen supplementation. My mom went off all HRT due to media hype on the cancer risks, and within a few years she was experiencing frequent UTIs, and eventually was hospitalized for a kidney infection. She's back on estrogen now and doing great.

You could pick any method with your dr and then wean down to the lowest effective dose that you're comfortable with. You will likely need more initially to build back up some estrogen stores, and then could back off on the dosage once your body is re-estrogenized!

Good luck. I have tried patches, and a vaginal ring. The vaginal delivery route has been best for me but we're all different... Ask your dr for samples so you can try before you buy..
Unread 02-07-2011, 04:43 PM

oh what a super idea about the samples!! I have a feeling this is going to be a process and not looking nforward to it. Funny I just got out of the hospital with kidney & uti problems!!
My problem is I havent had a GYN Dr in 12 yrs. and dont like my family dr and need to find a new one..now thats no fun at all haha.. Thanks for the tips
Unread 03-30-2015, 03:16 PM

I hear ya sister. I'm 20 yrs post op. I was only 29 when I had my surgery done. Premarin worked best for me, but it got to expensive to keep taking. I lasted two years without using anything and it was was awful. Tried the patches , and they just kept falling off. Also expensive. I've been taking ESTROVEN for a few months now and it seems to be working. It helps with the hot flashes and mood swings.
Unread 04-01-2015, 11:14 AM

I'm having the same issue. It'll be 13 years since my surgery and I too opted out of using hormones for the same reasons. The sweating issues just hit me 6 months ago along with a side of anxiety, brain fog, mood swings, etc. It's awful! I've had many tests and seen a cardiologist and endocrinologist for the sweating. They couldn't find any reason for it. Because of my age (62) they all thought it could be anything else except hormones. I have to say, I did too. Needless to say I'm heading to my regular doctor to have my hormone levels tested.What else could it be except that? I'm ready to take on HRT if it makes my life better.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register