1st anniversary exam | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

1st anniversary exam 1st anniversary exam

Unread 11-15-2001, 04:28 AM
1st anniversary exam

Well, the exam went well. I don't know why I was so worried, the 4 month checks have gone well. My CA125 is still very low, not sure of the number, my doc didn't give the number to my daughter, just that it was good news, and when I called back he was in surgery. I should be able to find out today, but ut sounds like it was really low again.

I do wonder if I will ever feel really safe again though.

Maggie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2001, 04:48 AM
1st anniversary exam

HEY MAGGIE!!
YOU KNOW IT'S GOOD NEWS,: RELAX. I'M STILL NERVOUS TOO. THE DR TOLD ME EVERYTHING IS FINE AND I'M CANCER FREE. I THINK WE JUST NEED TIME TO GET OVER THE TRAUMA OF BAD NEWS IN THE 1ST PLACE. TIME HEALS ALL.
Unread 11-15-2001, 07:22 AM
1st anniversary exam

I think that the exams get better and you get a more positive feeling with time. Everything is still pretty new for you and you were worrying for nothing. (Thank Goodness!) The best way is to take things one day at a time. I'm thrilled to hear that all came back so well and now you can really rest your mind.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2001, 12:08 PM
1st anniversary exam

Maggie!!!
Great news!! Another great checkup up...wow its great ! I start the 4 months checks now, so its nice to hear from someone else having those as well. Be sure and post the little number when you get your CA125 back. We love those little numbers!!
All the best Maggie!!
Hugs,
Maria
Unread 11-15-2001, 05:44 PM
Are you ready for the little number?

I just got off the phone with the docs wife. She was very busy (training a new assistant after over a year of jsut she and Doc in the office!) and couldn't talk long, but said that the test was UNDER 6, low enough that they can't get an accurate read. I am so happy. It dropped like that right after surgery a year ago, but I kept worrying that it was going up again.

I also had a VERY good appointment with the PCP yesterday, on some new medication for my diabetes, today was my first day on it, and what a difference. I feel SO much better. Aint life grand?

Maggie
Unread 11-15-2001, 05:59 PM
1st anniversary exam

Oh Maggie!!

"6" is a wonderful little number!!!
Thats great news. And wonderful that your new meds are working for the diabetes as well. You are a whole new woman and so happy and healthy!!!Doesn't get better than that!!
They say the checkups do get easier Maggie, but you are probably like all of us and just want that 5 year magic anniversary! It will come soon enough. I am trying to figure out where the first half of November went already. Gee the times a flying quickly!!
Be sure and do something special for yourself to celebrate your good news!!
Hugs
Maria
Unread 11-15-2001, 07:39 PM
1st anniversary exam

Great news Maggie,
I dont know much about the CA125 test but if Maria says its great well it must be. So you can now.

Gee this is great , we are all having such good news just before Christmas . My time comes next week. thats me

Much love always x x x
Unread 11-17-2001, 11:19 AM
1st anniversary exam

{{Maggie}}

Wonderful news!!!!!

Time to celebrate gal! I just LOVE those little numbers!!!!

Yep, ya'll are right, the time leading up to those tests sure are nerve wracking. I have heard it does get easier over time, and I know we're all anxiously awaiting for that time to come.

In the meantime though, thank goodness we all have each other to help get each other through. I'm still on the every three month testing, which is just fine by me. Yep, just call me

Thanks for sharing your great new Maggie! to you!

{{hugs}}

Vicki

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register