T.g.i.f | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 11-16-2001, 04:39 AM
T.g.i.f

TO ALL MY EMPLOYED SISTERS,
I JUST WANT TO SAY T.G.I.F. HAVE A GOOD DAY!! I WILL BE THINKING OF YOU ALL, AS I GET SOME BREAKFAST AND GET READY TO WATCH OPERA. I'LL BE SO SAD FOR YOU ALL , SLAVING AWAY.
:devil: WHILE I GET READY TO HAVE A SNACK AT 12:00.
HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU GIRLS LATER. HAVE A GOOD ONE. HE-HE

s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-16-2001, 09:12 AM
T.g.i.f

Hey JoAnn!!

I will join you for breaky as I am off today. I get every 3rd Friday off which I love. We have the modified work week where I work, and by working an extra 30 minutes a day, we can have one day off every 3 weeks, without losing any pay. Its great. Thats in addiion to the yearly vacation entitlement as well.

Enjoy your breakfast, and hope you have a great day today! Lots of rest and fluids and little walks only!!
Hugs!!
xoxo
Unread 11-16-2001, 11:02 AM
T.g.i.f

HI MARIA,
I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO HAVE A FRIDAY OFF SOMETIMES, BUT I AM THE ONLY ONE TO DO THE PAYROLL AND TAXES EACH WEEK. MY BOSSES WON'T GO FOR THAT. NOW THAT I AM HOME MY BOSS'S WIFE DID THE PAYROLL. SHE STARTED CALLING ME AT 7:15 AM AND CALLED 3 MORE TIMES AFTER THAT. I EVEN TRYED TO GET THEM TO LET ME WORK 10 HRS. A DAY AND HAVE 3 DAYS OFF. NO GO!!!
THEY ARE PRETTY GOOD WITH ME, I'VE BEEN WITH THEM ALMOST 10 YRS. THEY SENT ME A BEAUTIFUL FLOWER ARRAGEMENT WHEN I WAS AT THE CASTLE. IT IS SO BIG IT COVERS 1/3 OF MY ENTERTAINMENT CENTER.
BUT THAT IS ONLY SO I HURRY UP AND COME BACK BUT, I AM NOT GOING TO HURT MYSELF. I WILL GO WHEN THE DR. TELLS ME I CAN,AND THEN MAYBE ONLY 4HRS. A DAY.
I HOPE YOU ARE FEELING WELL AND I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOUR GREAT NEWS. MAYBE IT WILL BE THAT WAY FROM NOW ON.
I ALSO NOW I MISSPELLED OPRAH.!! HE HE.
MAYBE I'LL CATCH YOU LATER ON. HAVE A REAL GOOD DAY OFF.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-16-2001, 12:20 PM
T.g.i.f

Oh JoAnn,
I am sorry that your boss felt the need to call you today. My goodness you are only 5 days post-op. In one way its a nice compliment to know that they need your expertise, but really they shouldn't be bothering you with work details.
I hope they have it now so they won't have to bother you again. And I agree, you really don't want to rush back, and only when the Dr. says its ok.
I didn't work at all from the time I knew I needed the surgery (which was 2 weeks before I had it) until 2 weeks after my last chemo session which was a total of 4 months off. I was ready to go back after that long, and by going back, I felt finally like I must be well again. I realize not everyone has that kind of sick time built up but luckily I did. There was no way I could have worked through chemo. By the time I recovered from one round, it was time to go at it again.

But your early recovery is very important, so please be sure not to rush back. If that means helping them occasionally by phone, than thats better than actually going into the office.

PS: I knew what you meant by Opera !!!
Hugs!!
xoxo
Unread 11-17-2001, 12:25 PM
T.g.i.f

Ah Puppy!

Do I ever know what you mean! I ran into the same thing right after surgery - Payroll! I had to go into work about 10 days post op (nope I didn't drive) to straighten out a problem with the payroll program as I couldn't do it over the phone.

It is hard to "stay away" from it but it sounds like you're going to do just great! Listening to the timeframe your Dr gives you is a very good thing.

I just started my new schedule and am working Sunday - Thursday now. Boy, is it nice having Fridays off, I don't have to take a day off or schedule appointments around work now. Plus I can get so many errands done having a weekday off.

Anyway, sorry to ramble, I'm so glad to hear you're resting well and you've got a great attitude. Keep it up!!

{{hugs}}

Vicki

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register