TAH tomorrow... bowel prep today. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TAH tomorrow... bowel prep today. TAH tomorrow... bowel prep today.

Unread 03-06-2011, 01:02 PM
TAH tomorrow... bowel prep today.

My surgery is tomorrow (3/7). I think I'm ready. Have the bathroom stocked, the freezer full of easy-to-prepare meals for my hubby and teenage son, the bedroom set up with a bedside table and other supplies, and plenty of easy on the stomach juices and snacks for my first week. I've done the pre-registration, taken all the pre-op phone calls, and have my bag packed.

Today is the clear liquid diet... I'm taking in plenty of juice, gatorade, 7-up, lemon jello, chicken broth, and water. I'm also in the midst of my bowel prep.

While I'm ready to have the surgery, I am, of course, a little nervous, which has caused my IBS to flare up the past few days. I've eaten less than usual, and have been in the bathroom more than not. My doctor was very understanding, allowing me to modify the original order of miralax and 64 oz of liquid. Instead, I took two laxative tablets at bedtime last night (which started kicking in around 2 am), and a 10 oz bottle of mag citrate this morning around 10 am. Hopefully, the worst of it will be over by this evening, so I can get some rest.

I have to be at the hospital at 5:30 am, and my surgery is scheduled for 7:30.

Good Luck to the other princesses who are going through the same thing this week!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2011, 01:22 PM
Re: TAH tomorrow... bowel prep today.

Well Good Luck Tomorrow!! I also have IBS and I had my hysterectomy done on jan 10 2011. So I am at the end of healing process.
Unread 03-06-2011, 01:31 PM

Good luck tomorrow! I am in the midst of my bowl prep but it is different then yours. I hope you get some rest this evening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2011, 07:26 PM

Good luck tomorrow! My surgery is 3/7. I am in the midst of my bowel prep, too.
Unread 03-06-2011, 07:38 PM

Logan~Good Luck!!
Tomorrow I will be 2 weeks post-op! It feels just like yesterday I was doing the bowel prep! I am still sore & holding my abdomen when I walk, but in good spirits! I had an abdominal hyster. kept ovaries.
You will be in my thoughts tomorrow! Best of Luck!
Unread 03-06-2011, 07:47 PM

Good luck tomorrow. Your arrival time and surgery time is the exact same as mine one week ago tomorrow. I didn't have to do any bowel prep just the normal no food/liquids after midnight.Forgot to add I had a TAH as well. It sounds like you are well prepared with your home.
Unread 03-06-2011, 07:47 PM

Thanks, all... I think my system is pretty well cleaned out. The worst thing now is trying to ignore the hungries... I'm just trying to focus on how important tomorrow is.

Good luck to all!
Unread 03-06-2011, 07:49 PM

Hey Logan!

Good luck tomorrow!

I am having my TAH tomorrow, too. My doctor doesn't do bowel preps, but I did stick to a liquid diet today.

It sounds like you are totally ready! I am too.... but I am starting to get really nervous!
Unread 03-06-2011, 07:56 PM

Hey Sisters!
To all the ladies having surgery tomorrow, I pray all goes well! I had my TAH on the 16th of Feb and I'm almost 3 weeks post op. Please make sure you get up and walk in the hospital no matter how bad you feel. The gas builds up pretty quickly and it's very painful.
I wish you all the best and I look forward to reading your progress.

Best of Luck!
Unread 03-06-2011, 08:15 PM

I brought Gas-X to the hospital with me & took it and did not get any gas at all.
GOOD LUCK ALL!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register