keeping Ovaries...will I need HRT? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

keeping Ovaries...will I need HRT? keeping Ovaries...will I need HRT?

Unread 03-06-2011, 11:44 PM
keeping Ovaries...will I need HRT?

so having the DvH next month, and the plan is to keep my ovaries...will I need HRT? How will I know if I really need them? I don't see dr. again til next month and trying to get all the info I can now so I ask the right questions then.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2011, 09:29 AM
Re: keeping Ovaries...will I need HRT?

Hi

Many women who keep their ovaries, continue to have their ovaries work well for them after their surgery.

Sometimes, the ovaries take a little while to get back to their jobs and get up to speed in their functions. If this happens, and you experience some unpleasant side effects, then you might benefit from a little HRT help until they recover.

Then, there are those who's ovaries are simply compromised too much during the surgery. If this happens, then you might benefit from some ongoing HRT.

There really isn't any way to know which group you will fit into, until after your surgery. Keep records of any symptoms you have and discuss them with your . He/She should be able to tell which group you are going to be in, and what you will need to help you through it.

No matter which you experience, the first few weeks are almost always a hormonal upheaval because the ovaries are manipulated during surgery, which can cause elevated hormones for a short time. When these elevated levels begin to drop, then it is common to experience hot flashes and other symptoms. It is important to not come to any conclusions before your body has had a couple of months to recover from all of this.

I'm so pleased that you are researching and asking questions before your surgery. You will not be surprised or caught off guard by what you experience.

I wish you the best.

Kay

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register