Testosterone gel 1mg/ml | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Testosterone gel 1mg/ml Testosterone gel 1mg/ml

Unread 03-08-2011, 09:54 AM
Question - Testosterone gel 1mg/ml Testosterone gel 1mg/ml

My doctor put me on testosterone gel for very low libido. Does anyone know how long it takes to start working? I have only used it once and I am to use it once daily. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

My doctor has me use a gel in a syringe and insert it into my vagina an hour before intercourse. Does anyone else use this type?

Thanks,
Angel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-08-2011, 04:30 PM
Re: Testosterone gel 1mg/ml

Did your doctor test your testosterone and free testosterone levels before prescribing this? Low libido isn't always just from low T levels. You are not that far along post op, could be part of recovery.

Unread 03-08-2011, 07:47 PM

I have always had low testosterone levels. I was tested a while back by a doc. who didn't seem to care. Now I have a new doc. she works with a pharmacist and others to improve and learn more about this problem and really knows what she is doing. I just didn't ask how long it would take to feel the effects of the hormone and thought someone on here would know. Thanks for posting. Hope you are doing good.

Angel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2011, 11:29 PM

Hi, I take it every day not so much for libido but because I need it to feel my version of "normal"...I was someone who produced high amounts naturally before the surgery and have a fairly aggressive job...without it I was half-dead and had no energy. The libido part is icing on the cake :-)

I seem to recall it worked fairly quickly-certainly within days. However, I use mine by rubbing it on the back of my calf (alternating every day). I do not take it internally.

Good luck..I love it and will fight to stay on it as long as possible :-)

Unread 03-10-2011, 01:02 PM

Hi Angel
I use testosterone gel, but use it daily on my wrists not internally. I noticed a little difference in a few days, but took a few weeks to feel the full benefit. I find it really helps with the energy too.
The dose of my gel is stronger - 50 mg/5ml - but I only use a little bit each day. 5ml lasts me about 10 days. The gel I use is alcohol based too so I wouldn't want to be putting it up there!!

Hang in there - sure it will kick in soon x
Unread 03-11-2011, 09:10 PM

Thanks everyone for your posts.....I have been on this now for five days and still don't feel any better. I still feel blah and no sex drive what so ever. I sure hope it starts to work soon. My poor husband....He doesn't seem to understand at all. I hate feeling this way.

Angel

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register