TVH Can't bring myself to say I have no ... woman parts (also maternity mentioned) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Can't bring myself to say I have no ... woman parts (also maternity mentioned) Can't bring myself to say I have no ... woman parts (also maternity mentioned)

Unread 03-09-2011, 03:23 PM
Can't bring myself to say I have no ... woman parts (also maternity mentioned)

So I am trying to sleep last night. No luck. I cant sleep in hospitals. I can't bring myself to say I no longer have a womb.

What annoys me is that they put me on the post partum floor of the maternity ward. What the heck!? I would think women services would have been much more suitable. I don't feel like I am missing any organs but I know I am and mentally I just can't seem to face it. I don't know why I feel that way. I won't have the issues I have had for so long so shouldn't I be relieved?

Conflicted, confused and annoyed at the SLOW service from the nurses! I had a high opinion of this hospital, now it's quite low.

needed to vent. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2011, 03:50 PM
Re: Can't bring myself to say I have no ... woman parts (also maternity mentioned)

There might be a patient service number. Have your family look that up and call that so you get better service. If being on the maternity wing disturbs you, mention that. Chances are, you'll be out soon.

I think of my surgery as having gotten rid of a body party that was "diseased" and made me suffer continuously. I don't value a womb over an arm or a leg or anything else. And the fibroids had me bleeding out every 3 weeks. Literally flooding and hard to live like that. Awful pain. I had 2 fibroid removal surgeries and they would grow back and get bigger.

I see my hysterectomy as literally saving my life. I am looking forward to being able to walk up stairs without hitting a swollen uterus taken over my fibroids. I am looking forward to eating without throwing up because the fibroids are pushing up my stomach or just making me feel sick. I am looking forward to not suffering from constant pain in my sides, back and uterus. And, I am looking forward to saving a boatload of money on not having to buy pain medications, tampons, pads, depends, etc.

You're still healing. I am sure you will find many reasons why this is a wonderful decision for you. Hang in there and while you are in the hospital, don't suffer in silence. Talk to the nurses or use the patient services.
Unread 03-09-2011, 04:49 PM
Re: Can't bring myself to say I have no ... woman parts (also maternity mentioned)

I found out that this is OB/GYN but it also serves as an post partum overflow not PP per sey. I did express that this would not be suitable for a hyst patient who was infertile. She agreed and said this is where they receive those patients but they take care to be sure they are not near maternity overflow. I still think they should rearrange but I did voice my opinion.

I also voiced my angst over the delay in service. They had a reason which was *sort of* satisfactory. I think I am just sore and a tad emotional and sensitive. I should be more interested in rest and recovery I did get out of bed 3 times today and that helped. I almost bent over to pick up something off the floor but I caught myself. I grabbed it with my fat sausage swollen toes instead.

I am glad, I am relieved. I too was bleeding weeks out of the month and passing heavy black clots (sorry TMI) I won't have to deal with that anymore thank Heaven! The cramps the horrible PMDD... Seemed my cycle took over my life but no more! I also had quite a bit of other work done so I hope I will be able to potty like a normal person again.

whew
Tiff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2011, 05:36 PM

Aphreal, you just had surgery! Believe me, you're not in your right mind. Hormones are talking. Give it time.

I was so blessed w/ the wonderful staff at the hospital. I, too was on the maternity floor. Two babies were born while I was there.

My husband left to change clothes for night school before I got a room. When he came back, he said they told him I was on the maternity floor, he told them "no, she didn't have a baby! she had a hysterectomy!" They smiled and directed him to the maternity floor. He came in the door and first thing out of his mouth was "You know you're on the maternity floor; what they do to you?!" HA!

I told him to look in the isolette and he'd see my uterus! HA!
Unread 03-09-2011, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphreal View Post
I found out that this is OB/GYN but it also serves as an post partum overflow not PP per sey. I did express that this would not be suitable for a hyst patient who was infertile. She agreed and said this is where they receive those patients but they take care to be sure they are not near maternity overflow. I still think they should rearrange but I did voice my opinion.

I also voiced my angst over the delay in service. They had a reason which was *sort of* satisfactory. I think I am just sore and a tad emotional and sensitive. I should be more interested in rest and recovery I did get out of bed 3 times today and that helped. I almost bent over to pick up something off the floor but I caught myself. I grabbed it with my fat sausage swollen toes instead.

I am glad, I am relieved. I too was bleeding weeks out of the month and passing heavy black clots (sorry TMI) I won't have to deal with that anymore thank Heaven! The cramps the horrible PMDD... Seemed my cycle took over my life but no more! I also had quite a bit of other work done so I hope I will be able to potty like a normal person again.

whew
Tiff
I'm proud of you! I am glad you spoke up and got an answer that satisfies you. Hang in there. You'll be sleeping in your own bed soon enough. You handled this like a true princess.

When I got out of the hospital, I dropped a lot of stuff. My arms and hands were/are weak. I bought the Grabber from here. It has been a lifesaver.

Here's to your pottying like a normal person soon. Amazing, how so many of us focused on bleeding out (and yah, with the huge black ugly clots . . . ugh!) and now worry about urinations and bowel movements!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register