PO Abcess - I think it's Back Again | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

PO Abcess - I think it's Back Again PO Abcess - I think it's Back Again

Unread 11-18-2001, 09:08 PM
PO Abcess - I think it's Back Again

Hello, I'll be 6 wks PO in 2 days. I had a TVH ( hope abbr is correct) Total Vaginal Lapri Hyst - tubes ovaries the works. 22 hours from admit to discharge, and within 24 hours after discharge was driving, cleaning and cooking dinner - my DH has AIDS and we have 3 under 21 to care for as well - so you know who was elected - ME! From 3 days after 1 week PO visit I end up in hospital with Abcess on the Abdominal side of my cuff not vaginal side. Spent 4 lovely days in-patient (like being in country if equated to war I would suspect), with lovely IV's, pain meds and glorious days of relaxation. Now, I think it's back again. My discharge has come back, and just saw DR last week and he mentioned a little discharge (pink - low odor - for now) and that he could still see a couple of large sutures "in there". Is this normal or ????? Thanks also for having a place for people to come to to ask questions. I had Adnomyosis (didn't know it until after the hysto though along with severe adhesions). My blood pressure has also been doing the mambo all over the place from 158/100 to 90/60 within the same week. Is this hormone pills and if so does this regulate with time. I'm taking Estrace 1mg - 2mg was to strong. Thanks again. Dayton
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-19-2001, 05:33 AM

Hi Dayton, sending some 's your way; you've sure got a full plate!

I'm so sorry you're having all of these post-op problems, but it sounds like you're not giving yourself the opportunity to heal. I see you say you have 3 children under 21 but don't state their ages...maybe they can help you more. You may be surprised at how much help they can be when needed, especially with the cleaning. Also, perhaps plan simple meals that they can help with too. This is your only chance to heal properly. And as you know, complications can set recovery back or land you back in the castle again as you found out first hand.

As far as your HRT and BP, I don't have an answer for that. I think you need to stay in close contact with your Dr. regarding this. As you know, high BP can be dangerous and low BP can cause lightheadedness, among other things.

Please let us know how you're doing, ok? Best wishes and 's
Unread 11-19-2001, 02:31 PM

Stay in touch with the doc daily so you can nip this thing, if indeed it recurred, in the bud. Sometimes home health agencies will teach you how to do IV's so you can be home if that's easiest for you! But you need to REST MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Forget the housework...its really easy!!!!!!!!!
For the last year my BP has been crazy (no HRT) one minute 110/70 and next 160/99! No rhyme or reason so we just watch it since I don't really want to try a medicne now!

My prayers for comfort go to your and your family with all your health issues!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register