Hysterectomy coming up apr 19 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy coming up apr 19 Hysterectomy coming up apr 19

Unread 03-19-2011, 11:09 AM
Hysterectomy coming up apr 19

Although I have been through numerous surgeries I am so nervous about this one.I am 44 and feel I am too young I am afraid this will age me terribly.I am also scared about the pain and getting my figure back..DR <> in Boca seems like a very capable man and that puts me at ease somewhat..but again I know it is a big surgery and get scared to leave my children..he has offered me a plastic surgeon to do tummy tuck and breast reduction which I mentioned as a joke but I am way too scared to go through it all at once, but I also know I will never want to see an OR unless my life depends on it again.any suggestions? why the bowel prep before robotic surgery?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2011, 12:07 PM
Re: Hysterectomy coming up apr 19

Mine's set for April 7, and I'm 40 and have the same fears as you -- but so many women come back and say its the best thing they ever did for themselves and its actually given them much better quality of life (sex included) than before.

I think the bowel prep is to give them as much room as possible for the camera and to avoid complications afterwards with getting things moving.

It is a big surgery, but it's also very common, so if you're comfortable with your doctor, you are in good shape. The anticipated pain of anything is usually much worse than just dealing with it as it comes. Staying on top of your pain meds is key in keeping it manageable as you heal -- one of the hints I keep reading is to have a notebook where you or family jots everything down so when you're out of it, everyone knows to see when the last meds were taken and when the next round is due.
Unread 03-19-2011, 12:22 PM

thnku I know the anticipation is always worse..good luck to you on yoour surgery pls post when u can!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2011, 09:00 AM

Your story sort of parallels mine! I'm having a TLH on 4/20 and I just turned 45. I am going through a divorce also and I'm so scared that it will age me and no man will find me attractive ever again. I pretty much have to do it now because after the divorce, I won't have any health insurance, so better to get it over with. I'm going to fight to keep at least one of my ovaries.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register