5 things NOT to do after surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 things NOT to do after surgery 5 things NOT to do after surgery

Unread 03-30-2011, 05:26 PM
5 things NOT to do after surgery

Good Afternoon Sisters,
I was laying here after my nap that didn't take place (thank you insomnia), and thought I would share a few things that you shouldn't do 2 1/2 weeks after surgery.
1) no matter how great the movie is, don't rent the movie " Due Date" unless you want to spend 90 minutes alternating between holding your stomach to reduce the pain from laughing, or changing your underwear multiple times due to wetting them from laughing.
2. Don't assume just because Taco Bell's Fire Taco didn't bother your stomach before that it won't bother the bowels now.
3. If you're bored and want to "talk" to a friend who happens to be at work when you call them, make sure your not on speaker phone before you start talking about how excited you are that the BM you were waiting on finally happened.
4. If you can't wait for a swelly belly band to come in the mail from the hystersisters store because you didn't plan ahead, remember if you go to the medical supply store this important tidbit. Don't lift your shirt up for the sales clerk to fit you for the right size and then realize you forgot to put on a bra.
5. If you have hot flashes and insomnia at night, and your husband has to work early the next day, don't turn your TV on @ 3 am and when he rouses out of a nice sleep say, oh did I Wake you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2011, 05:42 PM
Re: 5 things NOT to do after surgery

LMtushO! Thanks for the giggles.
Unread 03-30-2011, 05:52 PM

OK...that was awesome! Thank you for the laughs.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2011, 06:01 PM

friggen hilarious - you should put a warning at the beginning so we can get our pillows to prepare for laughing
Unread 03-30-2011, 06:27 PM

Ive seen it, it's a cute movie. I do have a bit of a twinge of emotion though seeing pregnant ladies.

laughing hurts so I am definately keeping a pillow close. They say laughter is the best medicine, I agree but while I am laughing up top, I am crying down bottom HEHE
Unread 03-30-2011, 07:55 PM

Can I add ... don't eat a bowl of lentils for lunch, just because hubby made it and you don't want to upset him
Unread 03-30-2011, 08:26 PM

i made the mistake of renting some old cosby show dvd's from netflix...oh my, I laughed so hard I thought I would pop a stitch!
Unread 03-30-2011, 08:29 PM

Thank you so much..forgetting the bra was wonderful..I could so see myself doing that!!
Unread 03-30-2011, 08:34 PM

Great thread!

And I don't know about you all but my memory isn't the greatest lately. When someone asks me a question it's like it takes me a moment to process it before telling them the answer and it could even be a really simple question. It's so frustrating...

So I have gone two days now without applying underarm deodorant! I don't know why but for the life of me I can not remember to apply it before leaving the house. With these hot flashes it's not really something I should be so careless about...

Here's to remembering our bra AND our deodorant!
Unread 03-30-2011, 11:20 PM

OMG!!! That is so funny!!!
btw- it's 12:20 here and everyone's in bed- except me
I'll remember to keep the tv down!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register