Mesh repair after 5 months | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues > Mesh Erosion Support

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Mesh repair after 5 months Mesh repair after 5 months

Unread 03-31-2011, 07:05 PM
Thumbs down - Mesh repair after 5 months Mesh repair after 5 months

Can't believe it, last November I had my hysterectomy/Prolapse bladder and rectal surgery. I should have know that it was going to happen, since every month I have been seeing my doc and he's been watching my vaginal area for healing. But sex is not fun for my husband and getting worse (like it's bitting him). I can actually feel the mesh and seems like more and more of it coming through. I think I might of lost a stitch early and it didn't heal, since 1 came out and the rest had to be cut out. I also have another sore area not to far from that spot. So next Wednesday, April 6, is my surgery date. Doc said it is an out patient surgery and should take no more than 30 minutes and then recovery/home. Has anyone had to do this. I have a monarch type.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-02-2011, 11:03 AM
Re: Mesh repair after 5 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsucoug View Post
Can't believe it, last November I had my hysterectomy/Prolapse bladder and rectal surgery. I should have know that it was going to happen, since every month I have been seeing my doc and he's been watching my vaginal area for healing. But sex is not fun for my husband and getting worse (like it's bitting him). I can actually feel the mesh and seems like more and more of it coming through. I think I might of lost a stitch early and it didn't heal, since 1 came out and the rest had to be cut out. I also have another sore area not to far from that spot. So next Wednesday, April 6, is my surgery date. Doc said it is an out patient surgery and should take no more than 30 minutes and then recovery/home. Has anyone had to do this. I have a monarch type.
How did the mesh repair (maybe removal?) go? Hope you're much better and heart goes out to you and your husband with what you've both had to put up trying to enjoy sex and tangling up with the **** mesh. I do feel for you.
Unread 07-02-2011, 12:34 PM

Hey coug... also want to know how you are..I am also in eastern washington and having my surgery in august. Take care
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-03-2011, 06:21 PM
Thumbs down - Mesh repair after 5 months Re: Mesh repair after 5 months

update surgery went well, piece of cake. I was in at 6am and home by 10:30 am and even stopped for coffee. But, when we went to Hawaii last week and a half, it flair it's ugly self again. My son was at the beach and we decide to have a romp in the room and my husband stopped part way through. We even tried a couple of times. He said there was something catching him and it was sharp. I felt up there and sure enough its coming through again. Guess I will have to call the doc again. You think by now this would go away and hopefully the doc will give me a discount. Not sure what he'll say this time, things were just getting good between us.
Unread 07-04-2011, 12:18 AM

Are there any polypropylene mesh (a/p repair) stories out there? I had mine 3 weeks ago and am pretty freaked out by so many "don't do it!" cautionary tales. Really trying not to second my decision and my surgeon...it's a moot point, as it's after the fact. But I am scared now.
Unread 07-04-2011, 01:04 AM

Hi been... I have not had mine yet... But curious how you are feeling... How is your recovery?
Unread 07-04-2011, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mback View Post
Hi been... I have not had mine yet... But curious how you are feeling... How is your recovery?
Until the last 3 days, I would have said there were a mess of complications - mainly excessive vaginal bleeding for 18 days post op and some varying degrees of incontinence. The heavy bleeding required an MRI and cystocopy. An 8cm hematoma was found between the vagina and rectum (which accounted for God-awful "heaviness" and pressure when standing or walking). My dr. drained the clot and tightened sutures, but said everything looked good and it should continue to dissapate - but realistically, it could bleed for another 2 weeks. Three days ago - major breakthrough! Toilet bowl no longer bright red - just normal color of urine - and the flow is much, much less and several shades lighter. Pain now almost completely gone, but still moving pretty slow and tire easily. Cautioned not to lift anything heavier than a quart of milk - so, I can't wait til I can do more. Days are pretty limited to reading and tv. Live alone, without family, so am grateful for the summer break, but will be happy when the summer break is over and I can get back to normal activity in the classroom and some outside contact . Greeting those new middle schoolers never sounded so good!
Unread 07-04-2011, 11:38 AM

Was the pain terrible? I am glad to hear things are turning around for you. Sounds do scary to me.

I am having my surgery at Sacred Heart in Spokane. I wanted to wait until winter so I could just stay inside during the yucky winter... Buy things got worse and now I have to have it in august. Hate giving up summer days for recovery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register