Ears Ringing | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 11-21-2001, 02:51 PM
Ears Ringing

Does anyone have trouble with their ears ringing. It seems after the LAVH/BSO they ring non stop. What can you do for this.

I went to an ENT and they didn't see any wax build up. Just curious.

Thanks. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-21-2001, 09:15 PM
Ears Ringing

Hi libradoll, I have had ringing in the ears on and off for years now and have found it is MY warning call , either my blood pressure is low or my iron levels are low ... They are the 2 reasons that cause ringing in the ears for me ... Look into these two first ,have your iron levels checked and your blood pressure checked it would be a good start.. takecare love debbiepxxxx
Unread 11-21-2001, 09:26 PM
Ears Ringing

Looking for this cause also. My ears started ringing a couple weeks after I started taking Wellbutrin for depression in September of 2000. After about a month I switched to Zoloft, hoping the ringing would quit. It didn't. Had my LAVH & LSO in January, 2001. At first I only noticed it when I went to bed and there were no other background noises. Gradually it has gotten louder and I notice it nearly all the time. I went off the Zoloft a few weeks ago hoping that I can get by without any more SSRI's and that the ringing will stop (so far it hasn't) .

Didn't the ENT give you any ideas what might be behind this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-22-2001, 04:29 PM
Ears Ringing

Thanks for your replies. I do take Paxil and have HBP and take Cozaar. The ENT said it could be the medication. When they 1st examined me they said my canals looked fine and didn't see any wax build up. The ENT wanted me to have an MRI or CT Scan and I've just put it off.

I had read several post on the the Hormone Jungle about this and for some odd reason thought this was from too much/little HRT. I've lived with this for awhile now and really wanted to hear if any other ladies had experienced this and if you had any suggestions.

I think I'll just have to break down and schedule the CT Scan (can't have MRI due to Shunt) and be done with it. I'm sure everything will come back normal and I'll know for sure it's the Paxil or one of my other medications. Like everything I guess there's a treadoff and I'd much rather have a clear mind with no anxiety or depression.

Thanks again and have a wonderful Blessed Holiday.
Unread 11-30-2001, 08:58 PM
Ears Ringing

Another angle to explore - I know Sulfa causes ringing in the ears, supposedly a rare side effect. I get it. So explore whether any of your meds contain sulfa. Good luck!
Unread 11-30-2001, 10:39 PM
Ears Ringing

Allergies cause ringing in the ears for me. Also, if I drink too much coffee. I know that tinnitus (the medical name for this) is a side effect of some medications. Also, I think you can get it if your blood pressure is elevated.

How about starting with a check up at your primary care doctor's office. You can always do the CT scan later. I don't know about your insurance, but it can be expensive. Maybe your general doctor can rule out a bunch of things so you won't have to do the CT scan. Just a thought.

Keep in touch and let us know what they decide is doing it.

Best wishes and happy holidays,

Barbara
Unread 12-03-2001, 06:29 AM
Ears Ringing

Here's another possibility. If you go to
http://www.thyroid.about.com click under the
hypothroid topic, then the symptom check list,
you will see that ringing in the ears or tinnitis
is listed as a symptom of hypothyroid. If you are
taking estrogen, it can bind the thyroid. There are
several sisters here who needed to go on thyroid
meds after surgery. Just another possibility to
explore. Good luck.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register