Can they really be so stupid?? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Can they really be so stupid?? Can they really be so stupid??

Unread 04-05-2011, 08:15 AM
Re: Can they really be so stupid??

Justay3030, you're right, I'm sitting thinking about ironing, vacuming and stuff, I know I can't stand and do the ironing, I'm only cooking really easy stuff, I just cannot believe I'm missing doing some housework. But in a couple of weeks I'll be thinking I should have made more of the time I couldn't do it. LOL.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2011, 10:16 AM

my hubby was fantastic. and when i first went into surgery he was all saying how hes gonna help for the next 6 weeks and blah blah blah. he did at first but now that im feeling better and he heard the doc say everythings fine except lifting hes like so you gonnna clean up now? or when i was laying down cuz taking a shower tired me out hes like ummmm why arent you sitting up? i said because my back hurts when i sit too long. his response? well if youd get up and do more it wouldnt hurt. eerrgg!!!!
Unread 04-05-2011, 11:11 AM

omg love this thread. My husband has to announce everything he does and precedes the announcement with a big sigh like he just climbed Mt. Everest. For example, "*sigh*, I just did the dishes" or "*sigh*, I just did a load of laundry", etc. I swear to God when I get better I'm going to announce every little freakin' thing I do all day,....and precede it with a big ole sigh.

Oh one more thing I forgot....everynight before bed he sighs and counts down the days to when we can have sex. That's of course going by what the nurse at the hospital says, forget when I actually feel like I can do it again! grrrrrrrr. Right now I"m waiting for him to get dressed so he can go pick up my hormonal patch. I swear if he doesn't get dressed soon I'm gonna twirl my head around like Sybil and start spewing green vomit everywhere and scare the heck outta him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2011, 11:18 AM

oh yes, they can & they ARE!!!

For the life of me, I can't imagine SITTING and watching someone who had the type of surgery we did. But they do!

I was told to stay in my nightgown & robe as long as I could. I DID!
Unread 04-05-2011, 11:21 AM

OMG.... about 4 weeks post op for me, DH started to get sick..... he did NOTHING but whine, complain, moan, and acting like a big freakin baby..... I have a fever, I dont feeeelllllll gggoooood.....

He kept me awake ALL NIGHT, 2 nights in a row with his *****ing and moaning.... he acts worse than the kiddos do when they are sick....

I almost smacked him upside the head one day when he was just moaning about not feeeeellllllinnnnnng gooooood..... rolled over in bed and accidentally, hit my incision site......
Unread 04-05-2011, 11:51 AM

I am blessed with my wonderful DH (2nd time around for both of us) He as been just awesome.

BUT... When I was married to me ex, I went thru Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma that entailed several surgeries and 6 months of chemo. EVERY 2 weeks the night before my chemo He would insist on having sex because is his words "You won't be any good to me for the next 2 weeks".

So - yes they can be that stupid and I feel your pain dealing with it now!

Hang in there ladies! We'll make it - that's why God made us the strong ones!! Shhhh just don't let the men know!! : )
Unread 04-05-2011, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLW44 View Post
OMG.... about 4 weeks post op for me, DH started to get sick..... he did NOTHING but whine, complain, moan, and acting like a big freakin baby..... I have a fever, I dont feeeelllllll gggoooood.....

He kept me awake ALL NIGHT, 2 nights in a row with his *****ing and moaning.... he acts worse than the kiddos do when they are sick....

I almost smacked him upside the head one day when he was just moaning about not feeeeellllllinnnnnng gooooood..... rolled over in bed and accidentally, hit my incision site......
Boy oh boy, I would have wanted to as well....
Unread 04-05-2011, 05:06 PM

Can they really be so stupid?? ..... YES!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 04-05-2011, 05:20 PM

Okay ladies here's mine! My hubby took a week vaca so he could take "care of me". Well he did cook dinner most of the nights, however I did have to remind him every night of the time and the children were hungry. We eat everynight at 5, I'm cooking by 4 when the kids get off bus. Well he went back to work this week. Monday as everyone is leaving for school, I look at the house and think Why did he take vaca. He didn't do anything but cook! He even looks at me one day and says WHERE does all this laundry come from?! He even has the nerve to say you could do that right it's not that hard..lol
Unread 04-05-2011, 05:25 PM

bbrewer1978 - just another example of how clueless they are! But props to her hubby for taking a week off of work for you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register